BarCode .NET Control distribution permissions and end-user license agreement
Barcode .NET Web Control License Agreement
1. This EULA
1. Software Covered by this EULA. This EULA governs your use of the RKD Software ("RKD") component software product(s) enclosed or otherwise accompanied herewith (individually and collectively, the "SOFTWARE"). The term "SOFTWARE" includes, to the extent provided by RKD: 1) any revisions, updates and/or upgrades thereto; 2) any data, image or executable files, databases, data engines, computer software, or similar items customarily used or distributed with computer software products; 3) anything in any form whatsoever intended to be used with or in conjunction with the SOFTWARE; and 4) any associated media, documentation (including physical, electronic and on-line) and printed materials (the "Documentation").
2. This EULA is a Legally Binding Agreement between You and RKD. If you are acting as an agent of a company or another legal person, such as an officer or other employee acting for your employer, then "you" and "your" mean your principal, the entity or other legal person for whom you are acting. However, importantly, even if you are acting as an agent for another, you may still be personally liable for violation of federal and State laws, such as copyright infringement.
Single User License
You are hereby granted a limited royalty-free, non-exclusive right to use the SOFTWARE on ONE CPU by ONE INDIVIDUAL. The purpose of using SOFTWARE is to produce the results, in digital or printable form, and not to develop custom application. A Single User License does not apply to the Network Server.
Multiple User Licensing with the Single User License:
If multiple Single User Licenses of the same product are purchased, the effective number of licensed users for Software is determined by the following:
1 Single User License Purchased = 1 licensed user
2 Single User Licenses Purchased = 25 licensed users
3 Single User Licenses Purchased = 100 licensed users
Developer use with the Single User License:
The Single User License also allows one developer to integrate the Software into the organization`s applications provided that the developer (1) ensures the Software is licensed according to the multiple user licensing described above and (2) does not distribute the Software outside the organization. If You have more than one developer that will be developing applications using the Software, You will need to purchase a Developer License for each additional developer.
You are hereby granted a limited, royalty-free, right to use the SOFTWARE to design, develop, and test Developed Software, on the express condition that, and only for so long as, you fully comply with all terms and conditions of this EULA. You are also allowed to distribute the software inside or outside your organization for up to 10,000 copies. When you distribute the software, you adhere to the following terms: (a)You may not resell, rent, lease or distribute the Software alone. The Software must be distributed as a component of an application and bundled with an application or with the application`s installation files. The Software may only be used as part of, and in connection with, the bundled application. (b)You may not resell, rent, lease or distribute Software in any way that would compete with RKD Software. (c)you must include the following RKD copyright notice in your Developed Software documentation and/or in the "About Box" of your Developed Software, and wherever the copyright/rights notice is located in the Developed Software (“Portions Copyright © RKD Software 1999-2005. All Rights Reserved.”). (d) agree to indemnify, hold harmless, and defend RKD, its suppliers and resellers, from and against any claims or lawsuits, including attorney`s fees that may arise from the use or distribution of your Developed Software. (e) you may use the SOFTWARE only to create Developed Software that is significantly different than the SOFTWARE.
5 Developer License
The 5 Developer License grants the rights of the Developer License for up to 5 developers and 20,000 user licenses.
Unlimited Developer License
The Unlimited Developer License grants the rights of the developer license for an unlimited number of developers and an unlimited number of user licenses.
Single Server License
The Single Server License allows use of the Software on one (1) server in your organization. A Single Server License is required for each additional server. When used in a server environment, including web servers, our software components are licensed on a per server machine basis, each license covering one server machine, irrespective of the number of CPUs and the number of accessing clients.
3. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
1. Copyright. You agree that all right, title, and interest in and to the SOFTWARE (including, but not limited to, any images, photographs, animations, video, audio, music, text, and “applets” incorporated into the SOFTWARE), and any copies of the SOFTWARE, and any copyrights and other intellectual properties therein or related thereto are owned exclusively by RKD, except to the limited extent that RKD may be the rightful license holder of certain third-party technologies incorporated into the SOFTWARE. The SOFTWARE is protected by copyright laws and international treaty provisions. The SOFTWARE is licensed to you, not sold to you. RKD reserves all rights not otherwise expressly and specifically granted to you in this EULA.
2. Backups. You may either: (a) copy the SOFTWARE solely for backup or archival purposes; or (b) install the SOFTWARE on a single computer, provided you keep the original solely for backup or archival purposes. Notwithstanding the foregoing, you may not copy the Documentation.
3. General Limitations. You may not reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble the SOFTWARE, except and only to the extent that applicable law expressly permits such activity notwithstanding this limitation.
4. Software Transfers. You may not rent or lease the SOFTWARE. You may transfer the SOFTWARE to another computer, provided that it is completely removed from the computer from which it was transferred. You may permanently transfer all of your rights under the EULA, provided that you retain no copies, that you transfer all the SOFTWARE (including all component parts, the media and printed materials, any dates, upgrades, this EULA and, if applicable, the Certificate of Authenticity), and that the recipient agrees to the terms and conditions of this EULA as provided herein. If the SOFTWARE is an update or upgrade, any transfer must include all prior versions of the SOFTWARE.
5. Termination. Without prejudice to any other rights it may have, RKD may terminate this EULA and the Licenses if you fail to comply with the terms and conditions contained herein. In such an event, you must destroy all copies of the SOFTWARE and all of its component parts.
4. WARRANTIES AND REMEDIES
1. Limited Warranty. RKD warrants that the original media, if any, are free from defects for ninety (90) days from the date of delivery of the SOFTWARE. EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE PROVIDED IN THE PRECEDING SENTENCE, AND TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, RKD EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTY FOR THE SOFTWARE, DOCUMENTATION AND ANYTHING ELSE PROVIDED BY RKD HEREBY AND RKD PROVIDES THE SAME IN “AS IS” CONDITION WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THE ENTIRE RISK ARISING OUT OF USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THE SOFTWARE AND DOCUMENTATION REMAINS WITH YOU. THIS LIMITED WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS. YOU MAY HAVE OTHERS WHICH VARY FROM STATE TO STATE.
2. Limited Remedy. RKD`s entire liability and your exclusive remedy under this EULA shall be, at RKD`s sole option, either (a) return of the price paid for the SOFTWARE; (b) repair the SOFTWARE through updates distributed online or otherwise in RKD`s discretion; or (c) replace the SOFTWARE with its reasonable, provided that you return the SOFTWARE in the same manner as provided in Section I.2 for return of the SOFTWARE for non-acceptance of this EULA. Any media for any repaired or replacement SOFTWARE will be warranted for the remainder of the original warranty period or thirty (30) days, whichever is longer. THESE REMEDIES ARE NOT AVAILABLE OUTSIDE OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL RKD BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF BUSINESS PROFIT, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF BUSINESS INFORMATION, OR ANY OTHER PECUNIARY LOSS) ARISING OUT OF THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SOFTWARE, EVEN IF RKD HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. BECAUSE SOME STATES/JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES IN CERTAIN CASES, THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
1. This is the Entire Agreement. This EULA (including any addendum or amendment to this EULA included with the SOFTWARE) is the final, complete and exclusive statement of the entire agreement between you and RKD relating to the SOFTWARE. This EULA supersedes any prior and contemporaneous proposals, purchase orders, advertisements, and all other communications in relation to the subject matter of this EULA, whether oral or written. No terms or conditions, other than those contained in this EULA, and no other understanding or agreement which in any way modifies these terms and conditions, shall be binding upon the parties unless entered into in writing executed between the parties, or by other non-oral manner of agreement whereby the parties objectively and definitively act in a manner to be bound (such as by continuing with an installation of the SOFTWARE, "clicking-through" a questionnaire, etc.) Employees, agents and other representatives of RKD are not permitted to orally modify this EULA.
2. You Indemnify RKD. You agree to indemnify, hold harmless, and defend RKD and its suppliers and resellers from and against any and all claims or lawsuits, including attorney`s fees, that arise or result from this EULA.
3. Interpretation of this EULA. If for any reason a court of competent jurisdiction finds any provision of this EULA, or any portion thereof, to be unenforceable, that provision of this EULA will be enforced to the maximum extent permissible so as to effect the intent of the parties, and the remainder of this EULA will continue in full force and effect. Formatives of defined terms shall have the same meaning of the defined term. Failure by either party to enforce any provision of this EULA will not be deemed a waiver of future enforcement of that or any other provision.
This product can be freely distributed through the Internet.
To publish it on a CD, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org