BatBar distribution permissions and end-user license agreement
END-USER LICENSE AGREEMENT FOR SCTech SOFTWARE
IMPORTANT—READ CAREFULLY: This End-User License Agreement (“EULA”) is a legal agreement between you (either an individual or a single entity) and SCTech for the SCTech software that accompanies this EULA, which includes computer software and may include associated media, printed materials, “online” or electronic documentation, and Internet-based services (“Software”). An amendment or addendum to this EULA may accompany the Software. YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS OF THIS EULA BY INSTALLING, COPYING, OR OTHERWISE USING THE PRODUCT. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE, DO NOT INSTALL, COPY, OR USE THE PRODUCT.
1. GRANT OF LICENSE Provided that you comply with all terms and conditions of this EULA, SCTech grants you: (a) the right to make and use copies of, and modify the source code version of the Software (“Sample Code”) for the purposes of designing, developing, and testing your software product(s), and (b) a limited, nonexclusive, royalty-free right to reproduce and distribute the Sample Code, along with any modifications thereof, in object and/or source code form.
2. DISTRIBUTION REQUIREMENTS AND OTHER LICENSE RIGHTS AND LIMITATIONS. If you choose to exercise your rights under Section 1(b), above, any redistribution by you is subject to your compliance with this Section 2.
(a) If you choose to redistribute Sample Code, you agree: (i) to distribute the Sample Code only in conjunction with and as a part of a software application product developed by you that adds significant and primary functionality to the Sample Code (“Licensee Software”); (ii) not to use SCTech’s name, logo, or trademarks to market the Licensee Software; (iii) to display your own valid copyright notice which shall be sufficient to protect SCTech’s copyright in the Software; (iv) not to remove or obscure any copyright, trademark or patent notices that appear on the Software as delivered to you; (v) to indemnify, hold harmless, and defend SCTech from and against any claims or lawsuits, including attorney’s fees, that arise or result from the use or distribution of the Licensee Software; (vi) to otherwise comply with the terms of this EULA; and (vii) that SCTech reserves all rights not expressly granted.
You also agree not to permit further distribution of the Sample Code by your end users except you may permit further redistribution of the Sample Code by your distributors to your end-user customers if your distributors only distribute the Sample Code in conjunction with, and as part of, the Licensee Software, you comply with all other terms of this EULA, and your distributors comply with all restrictions of this EULA that are applicable to you.
(b) If you use the Sample Code, then in addition to your compliance with the applicable distribution requirements described for the Sample Code, the following also applies. Your license rights to the Sample Code are conditioned upon your not (i) creating derivative works of the Sample Code in any manner that would cause the Sample Code in whole or in part to become subject to any of the terms of an Excluded License; or (ii) distributing the Sample Code (or derivative works thereof) in any manner that would cause the Sample Code to become subject to any of the terms of an Excluded License. An “Excluded License” is any license that requires as a condition of use, modification and/or distribution of software subject to the Excluded License, that such software or other software combined and/or distributed with such software be (x) disclosed or distributed in source code form; (y) licensed for the purpose of making derivative works; or (z) redistributable at no charge.
3. RESERVATION OF RIGHTS AND OWNERSHIP. SCTech reserves all rights not expressly granted to you in this EULA. The Software is protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws and treaties. SCTech or its suppliers own the title, copyright, and other intellectual property rights in the Software. The Software is licensed, not sold.
4. LIMITATIONS ON REVERSE ENGINEERING, DECOMPILATION, AND DISASSEMBLY. You may not reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble the Software, except and only to the extent that such activity is expressly permitted by applicable law notwithstanding this limitation.
5. NO RENTAL/COMMERCIAL HOSTING. You may not rent, lease, lend or provide commercial hosting services with the Software.
6. SUPPORT SERVICES. No technical support will be provided by SCTech for the Software.
7. U.S. GOVERNMENT LICENSE RIGHTS. All Software provided to the U.S. Government pursuant to solicitations issued on or after December 1, 1995 is provided with the commercial license rights and restrictions described elsewhere herein. All Software provided to the U.S. Government pursuant to solicitations issued prior to December 1, 1995 is provided with “Restricted Rights” as provided for in FAR, 48 CFR 52.227-14 (JUNE 1987) or DFAR, 48 CFR 252.227-7013 (OCT 1988), as applicable.
8. EXPORT RESTRICTIONS. You acknowledge that the Software is subject to U.S. export jurisdiction. You agree to comply with all applicable international and national laws that apply to the Software, including the U.S. Export Administration Regulations, as well as end-user, end-use, and destination restrictions issued by U.S. and other governments.
9. SOFTWARE TRANSFER. The initial user of the Software may make a one-time permanent transfer of this EULA and Software to another end user, provided the initial user retains no copies of the Software. The transfer may not be an indirect transfer, such as a consignment. Prior to the transfer, the end user receiving the Software must agree to all the EULA terms.
10. TERMINATION. Without prejudice to any other rights, SCTech may terminate this EULA if you fail to comply with the terms and conditions of this EULA. In such event, you must destroy all copies of the Software and all of its component parts.
11. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, SCTECH AND ITS SUPPLIERS PROVIDE THE SOFTWARE, AND SUPPORT SERVICES (IF ANY) AS IS AND WITH ALL FAULTS, AND SCTECH AND ITS SUPPLIERS HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL OTHER WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY (IF ANY) IMPLIED WARRANTIES, DUTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OF RELIABILITY OR AVAILABILITY, OF ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF RESPONSES, OF RESULTS, OF WORKMANLIKE EFFORT, OF LACK OF VIRUSES, AND OF LACK OF NEGLIGENCE, ALL WITH REGARD TO THE SOFTWARE, AND THE PROVISION OF OR FAILURE TO PROVIDE SUPPORT OR OTHER SERVICES, INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, AND RELATED CONTENT THROUGH THE SOFTWARE OR OTHERWISE ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF THE SOFTWARE. ALSO, THERE IS NO WARRANTY OR CONDITION OF TITLE, QUIET ENJOYMENT, QUIET POSSESSION, AND CORRESPONDENCE TO DESCRIPTION OR NON-INFRINGEMENT WITH REGARD TO THE SOFTWARE. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO THE QUALITY, OR ARISING OUT OF THE USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THE SOFTWARE AND ANY SUPPORT SERVICES, REMAINS WITH YOU.
12. EXCLUSION OF INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL AND CERTAIN OTHER DAMAGES. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL SCTECH OR ITS SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS OR CONFIDENTIAL OR OTHER INFORMATION, FOR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, FOR PERSONAL INJURY, FOR LOSS OF PRIVACY, FOR FAILURE TO MEET ANY DUTY INCLUDING OF GOOD FAITH OR OF REASONABLE CARE, FOR NEGLIGENCE, AND FOR ANY OTHER PECUNIARY OR OTHER LOSS WHATSOEVER) ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY RELATED TO THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SOFTWARE, THE PROVISION OF OR FAILURE TO PROVIDE SUPPORT OR OTHER SERVICES, INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, AND RELATED CONTENT THROUGH THE SOFTWARE OR OTHERWISE ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF THE SOFTWARE, OR OTHERWISE UNDER OR IN CONNECTION WITH ANY PROVISION OF THIS EULA, EVEN IN THE EVENT OF THE FAULT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), MISREPRESENTATION, STRICT LIABILITY, BREACH OF CONTRACT OR BREACH OF WARRANTY OF SCTECH OR ANY SUPPLIER, AND EVEN IF SCTECH OR ANY SUPPLIER HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. BECAUSE SOME STATES/JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
13. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY AND REMEDIES. NOTWITHSTANDING ANY DAMAGES THAT YOU MIGHT INCUR FOR ANY REASON WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ALL DAMAGES REFERENCED HEREIN AND ALL DIRECT OR GENERAL DAMAGES IN CONTRACT OR ANYTHING ELSE), THE ENTIRE LIABILITY OF SCTECH AND ANY OF ITS SUPPLIERS UNDER ANY PROVISION OF THIS EULA AND YOUR EXCLUSIVE REMEDY HEREUNDER SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE GREATER OF THE ACTUAL DAMAGES YOU INCUR IN REASONABLE RELIANCE ON THE SOFTWARE UP TO THE AMOUNT ACTUALLY PAID BY YOU FOR THE SOFTWARE OR US$5.00. THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS, EXCLUSIONS AND DISCLAIMERS SHALL APPLY TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, EVEN IF ANY REMEDY FAILS ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
14. APPLICABLE LAW. If you acquired this Software in the United States, this EULA is governed by the laws of the State of Washington. If you acquired this Software in Canada, unless expressly prohibited by local law, this EULA is governed by the laws in force in the Province of Ontario, Canada; and, in respect of any dispute which may arise hereunder; you consent to the jurisdiction of the federal and provincial courts sitting in Toronto, Ontario. If you acquired this Software in the European Union, Iceland, Norway, or Switzerland, then local law applies. If you acquired this Software in any other country, then local law may apply.
15. ENTIRE AGREEMENT; SEVERABILITY. This EULA (including any addendum or amendment to this EULA which is included with the Software) are the entire agreement between you and SCTech relating to the Software and the support services (if any) and they supersede all prior or contemporaneous oral or written communications, proposals and representations with respect to the Software or any other subject matter covered by this EULA. To the extent the terms of any SCTech policies or programs for support services conflict with the terms of this EULA, the terms of this EULA shall control. If any provision of this EULA is held to be void, invalid, unenforceable or illegal, the other provisions shall continue in full force and effect.
Si vous avez acquis votre logiciel SCTech au CANADA :
DÉNI DE GARANTIES. Dans la mesure maximale permise par les lois applicables, le Logiciel et les services de soutien technique (le cas échéant) sont fournis TELS QUELS ET AVEC TOUS LES DÉFAUTS par SCTech et ses fournisseurs, lesquels par les présentes dénient toutes autres garanties et conditions expresses, implicites ou en vertu de la loi, notamment, mais sans limitation, (le cas échéant) les garanties, devoirs ou conditions implicites de qualité marchande, d’adaptation à une fin usage particulière, de fiabilité ou de disponibilité, d’exactitude ou d’exhaustivité des réponses, des résultats, des efforts déployés selon les règles de l’art, d’absence de virus et d’absence de négligence, le tout à l’égard du Logiciel et de la prestation des services de soutien technique ou de l’omission de la ’une telle prestation des services de soutien technique ou à l’égard de la fourniture ou de l’omission de la fourniture de tous autres services, renseignements, logiciels, et contenu qui s’y rapporte grâce au Logiciel ou provenant autrement de l’utilisation du Logiciel . PAR AILLEURS, IL N’Y A AUCUNE GARANTIE OU CONDITION QUANT AU TITRE DE PROPRIÉTÉ, À LA JOUISSANCE OU LA POSSESSION PAISIBLE, À LA CONCORDANCE À UNE DESCRIPTION NI QUANT À UNE ABSENCE DE CONTREFAÇON CONCERNANT LE LOGICIEL.
EXCLUSION DES DOMMAGES ACCESSOIRES, INDIRECTS ET DE CERTAINS AUTRES DOMMAGES. DANS LA MESURE MAXIMALE PERMISE PAR LES LOIS APPLICABLES, EN AUCUN CAS SCTECH OU SES FOURNISSEURS NE SERONT RESPONSABLES DES DOMMAGES SPÉCIAUX, CONSÉCUTIFS, ACCESSOIRES OU INDIRECTS DE QUELQUE NATURE QUE CE SOIT (NOTAMMENT, LES DOMMAGES À L’ÉGARD DU MANQUE À GAGNER OU DE LA DIVULGATION DE RENSEIGNEMENTS CONFIDENTIELS OU AUTRES, DE LA PERTE D’EXPLOITATION, DE BLESSURES CORPORELLES, DE LA VIOLATION DE LA VIE PRIVÉE, DE L’OMISSION DE REMPLIR TOUT DEVOIR, Y COMPRIS D’AGIR DE BONNE FOI OU D’EXERCER UN SOIN RAISONNABLE, DE LA NÉGLIGENCE ET DE TOUTE AUTRE PERTE PÉCUNIAIRE OU AUTRE PERTE DE QUELQUE NATURE QUE CE SOIT) SE RAPPORTANT DE QUELQUE MANIÈRE QUE CE SOIT À L’UTILISATION DU LOGICIEL OU À L’INCAPACITÉ DE S’EN SERVIR, À LA PRESTATION OU À L’OMISSION DE LA ’UNE TELLE PRESTATION DE SERVICES DE SOUTIEN TECHNIQUE OU À LA FOURNITURE OU À L’OMISSION DE LA FOURNITURE DE TOUS AUTRES SERVICES, RENSEIGNEMENTS, LOGICIELS, ET CONTENU QUI S’Y RAPPORTE GRÂCE AU LOGICIEL OU PROVENANT AUTREMENT DE L’UTILISATION DU LOGICIEL OU AUTREMENT AUX TERMES DE TOUTE DISPOSITION DE LA U PRÉSENTE CONVENTION EULA OU RELATIVEMENT À UNE TELLE DISPOSITION, MÊME EN CAS DE FAUTE, DE DÉLIT CIVIL (Y COMPRIS LA NÉGLIGENCE), DE RESPONSABILITÉ STRICTE, DE VIOLATION DE CONTRAT OU DE VIOLATION DE GARANTIE DE SCTECH OU DE TOUT FOURNISSEUR ET MÊME SI SCTECH OU TOUT FOURNISSEUR A ÉTÉ AVISÉ DE LA POSSIBILITÉ DE TELS DOMMAGES.
LIMITATION DE RESPONSABILITÉ ET RECOURS. MALGRÉ LES DOMMAGES QUE VOUS PUISSIEZ SUBIR POUR QUELQUE MOTIF QUE CE SOIT (NOTAMMENT, MAIS SANS LIMITATION, TOUS LES DOMMAGES SUSMENTIONNÉS ET TOUS LES DOMMAGES DIRECTS OU GÉNÉRAUX OU AUTRES), LA SEULE RESPONSABILITÉ ’OBLIGATION INTÉGRALE DE SCTECH ET DE L’UN OU L’AUTRE DE SES FOURNISSEURS AUX TERMES DE TOUTE DISPOSITION DEU LA PRÉSENTE CONVENTION EULA ET VOTRE RECOURS EXCLUSIF À L’ÉGARD DE TOUT CE QUI PRÉCÈDE SE LIMITE AU PLUS ÉLEVÉ ENTRE LES MONTANTS SUIVANTS : LE MONTANT QUE VOUS AVEZ RÉELLEMENT PAYÉ POUR LE LOGICIEL OU 5,00 $US. LES LIMITES, EXCLUSIONS ET DÉNIS QUI PRÉCÈDENT (Y COMPRIS LES CLAUSES CI-DESSUS), S’APPLIQUENT DANS LA MESURE MAXIMALE PERMISE PAR LES LOIS APPLICABLES, MÊME SI TOUT RECOURS N’ATTEINT PAS SON BUT ESSENTIEL.
À moins que cela ne soit prohibé par le droit local applicable, la présente Convention est régie par les lois de la province d’Ontario, Canada. Vous consentez Chacune des parties à la présente reconnaît irrévocablement à la compétence des tribunaux fédéraux et provinciaux siégeant à Toronto, dans de la province d’Ontario et consent à instituer tout litige qui pourrait découler de la présente auprès des tribunaux situés dans le district judiciaire de York, province d’Ontario.
Au cas où vous auriez des questions concernant cette licence ou que vous désiriez vous mettre en rapport avec SCTech pour quelque raison que ce soit, veuillez utiliser l’information contenue dans le Logiciel pour contacter la filiale de succursale SCTech desservant votre pays, dont l’adresse est fournie dans ce produit, ou visitez écrivez à : SCTech sur le World Wide Web à http://BatBar.SpiderWebfx.com.
SOFTWARE DISTRIBUTION AGREEMENT
THIS DISTRIBUTION AGREEMENT (“Agreement”) is made as of 2007 (the “Effective Date”) by and between SCTech (“Supplier”) and (“Distributor”).
1. SCOPE OF AGREEMENT
1.1 Definitions. As used in this Agreement, the following terms shall have the following meanings:
a. “Contract Year” means any given twelve month period ending on an anniversary of the Effective Date.
b. “Product(s)” means Supplier’s product(s) manufactured in accordance with the Specification, and any improved versions of the product(s) introduced by Supplier from time to time.
1.2 Independent Contractors. Neither party shall, for any purpose, be deemed to be an agent of the other party and the relationship between the parties shall only be that of independent contractors.
1.3 No Other Terms and Conditions. The parties acknowledge and agree that any terms and conditions of any purchase order, sales acknowledgement or other document submitted to the other by either party which conflict with the terms and conditions of this Agreement shall be of no force or effect, and the terms and conditions hereof control and supersede such conflicting documents and any course of conduct or usage of the trade inconsistent with any of the terms and conditions hereof.
2. PURCHASE AND SALE OF PRODUCT.
2.1 Purchase and Sale. Subject to the terms and conditions set forth herein, Supplier agrees to sell and Distributor agrees to purchase Products in accordance with Distributor’s purchase orders and this Agreement. In this regard:
a. All Products will be sold under Supplier’s trademarks and trade names only, using Supplier’s trade dress, and Supplier will retain all proprietary rights in and to the same.
2.2 Delivery, Title and Risk of Loss. For purposes of this Agreement, delivery to Distributor will occur when the Products are placed in the possession of the common carrier by Supplier. Title and risk of loss or damage with respect to the Products shall pass to Distributor upon delivery by Supplier.
3. PRICES AND PAYMENT.
3.1 Price. The prices for the Products (including volume discounts) for the first twelve (12) months of this Agreement (the first “contract year”) are as set forth on Exhibit D. Prices do not include applicable sales or use taxes and shipping costs (freight and insurance), which shall be separately stated on Supplier’s invoices and born by Distributor.
3.2 Price Changes. The prices set forth on Exhibit D shall be revised annually, on or before the start of each Contract Year, to reflect any increase or decrease in manufacturing costs for the Products reasonably projected by Supplier for the next Contract Year (in each case, determined in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles, consistently applied), with the first pricing review occurring ten (10) months after the Effective Date of this Agreement. Price changes are not effective unless mutually agreed to in writing (agreement not to be unreasonably withheld if consistent with this Section 3.2), with the change being effective with respect to invoices for shipment during the next ensuing Contract Year.
3.3 Taxes. Distributor shall be responsible for all VAT, sales, use and other similar taxes applicable to Product supplied under this Agreement, unless Distributor provides written proof of exemption.
3.4 Payment. Supplier shall issue invoices for Product on or after the date of shipment. Payment shall be due within thirty (30) days from the date of invoice. A late charge at the rate of one and one-half percent (1 ½%) per month or the highest rate allowed by law, whichever is lower, shall be applied to the total invoice price for payments not received within sixty (60) days after the date of invoice.
4. SPECIFICATIONS, QUALITY CONTROL AND ACCEPTANCE.
4.1 Specifications. Subject to Section 4.3, [Supplier/Distributor] shall produce copies of the Product in all material respects in accordance with the Specifications and all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
4.2 Specification Changes. Supplier reserves the right to change the Specifications by written notice to Distributor. If Distributor objects to any Specification change proposed by Supplier, then the parties will consult in good faith to resolve their differences and Supplier will not implement the change without Distributor’s consent (not to be unreasonably withheld).
4.3 Quality Assurance. Supplier shall be responsible for ensuring that the Products meet Supplier’s internal quality assurance tests and procedures prior to shipment hereunder. Upon request, Supplier will provide Distributor with written certification by a responsible supervisory employee of Supplier that the requirements of this Section 4.3 have been met.
4.4 Acceptance. Products shipped hereunder shall be subject to acceptance by Distributor within fifteen (15) days of receipt. Distributor shall promptly inform Supplier of any Product rejected as non-conforming and at Supplier’s request shall return non-conforming Products to Supplier, at Supplier’s risk of loss and expense. Products as to which no rejection has occurred within fifteen (15) days shall be deemed accepted.
5. SOFTWARE LICENSE.
Distributor is granted a non-exclusive license during the term of this Agreement to use and further sublicense the right to use the Products purchased hereunder in accordance with this Agreement. Distributor agrees that all Products delivered under this Agreement are only for such use, and that despite any use of the terms “purchase” and “sale” in connection with Products, such Products shall not be sold nor shall title thereto be transferred to Distributor and Distributor has no interest in the Products obtained by it other than the license rights specifically set forth in this section. Supplier shall retain all ownership right, title and interest in the Products furnished to Distributor pursuant to this Agreement. Except as separately agreed to by Supplier, Distributor may not modify in any way, or copy or otherwise reproduce in any form, any computer program (including manuals and other supplied documentation) supplied with any Product or purchased hereunder. Distributor will comply with the policies and requirements of Supplier in effect from time to time with respect to (i) the licensing by Supplier of its proprietary, protected or confidential material and information and (iii) any Products which are subject to one or more license agreements between Supplier and third parties.
6. PROPRIETARY NOTICES.
Distributor shall maintain and place on any copy of a Product which it reproduces, whether for internal use or for distribution, all such notices as are authorized and/or required hereunder. Distributor shall use the following notice, or such other reasonable notice as Supplier shall from time to time require, on each copy of the Product. Such notice shall be loaded in the computer memory for use, display, or reproduction and shall be embedded in program source code and object code, in the video screen display, on the physical medium embodying the Product copy, and on any documentation and sub licensee reference manuals:
Copyright © SCTech, 2007. All rights reserved.
This software and documentation constitute an unpublished work and contain valuable trade secrets and proprietary information belonging to SCTech. None of the foregoing material may be copied, duplicated or disclosed without the express written permission of SCTech. SCTech EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES CONCERNING THIS SOFTWARE AND DOCUMENTATION, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND/OR FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND WARRANTIES OF PERFORMANCE, AND ANY WARRANTY THAT MIGHT OTHERWISE ARISE FROM COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE. NO WARRANTY IS EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WITH RESPECT TO THE USE OF THE SOFTWARE OR DOCUMENTATION. Under no circumstances shall SCTech be liable for incidental, special, indirect, direct or consequential damages or loss of profits, interruption of business, or related expenses which may arise from use of software or documentation, including but not limited to those resulting from defects in software and/or documentation, or loss or inaccuracy of data of any kind.
7. PRODUCT WARRANTY, DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY.
7.1 Product Warranty. Supplier warrants to Distributor that the Products purchased hereunder shall be free from defects in materials and workmanship and shall conform in all material respect to the Specifications for a period of ninety (90) days from the date of delivery thereof, provided the Product in question has been stored and used in accordance with ordinary industry practices and conditions. SUPPLIER DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE OPERATION OF THE PRODUCTS WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE.
7.2 Remedies. In the event that a Product does not comply with the product warranty set out in Section 7.1 and such non-conforming Product is returned to Supplier within the warranty period by Distributor freight prepaid, Supplier will replace such non-conforming Product at no additional charge to Distributor; the replaced Product will be returned to Distributor, freight prepaid.
7.3 Disclaimer of Warranties. The foregoing express warranties are limited to Supplier and are not transferable and are in lieu of any other warranty by Supplier with respect to Products furnished hereunder. SUPPLIER GRANTS NO OTHER WARRANTY, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
7.4 Limitation of Liability. DISTRIBUTOR SHALL IN NO EVENT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE SALE OR USE OF ITS PRODUCTS, WHETHER OR NOT SUPPLIER HAS ADVANCE NOTICE OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IF SUPPLIER BREACHES ANY PROVISION OF THIS AGREEMENT, SUPPLIER’S SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE MAXIMUM LIABILITY, WHETHER BASED IN CONTRACT, TORT, OR OTHERWISE, SHALL NOT IN ANY EVENT EXCEED THE CONTRACT PRICE FOR THE PARTICULAR PRODUCTS. The foregoing limitation of liability will not apply to the payment of costs and damage awards referred to in Section 8, Indemnification.
7.5 Distributor assumes full responsibility for its selection of the Products specified herein and any other equipment, programs or services used with the Products, their use, and results obtained there from.
Supplier shall indemnify, hold harmless and defend Distributor against any action brought against Distributor to the extent that such action is based on a claim that any unmodified Product, when used in accordance with this Agreement, infringes a United States copyright and Supplier shall pay all costs, settlements and damages finally awarded; provided, that Distributor promptly notifies Supplier in writing of any claim, gives Supplier sole control of the defense and settlement thereof and provides all reasonable assistance in connection therewith. If any Product is finally adjudged to so infringe, or in Supplier’s opinion is likely to become the subject of such a claim, Supplier shall, at its option, either: (i) procure for Distributor the right to continue using and distributing the Product (ii) modify or replace the Product to make it noninfringing, or (iii) refund the price paid upon return of the Product. Supplier shall have no liability regarding any claim arising out of: (w) use of other than a current, unaltered release of the Product unless the infringing portion is also in the then current, unaltered release, (x) use of the Product in combination with non-Supplier products, data or equipment if the infringement was caused by such use or combination, (y) any modification or derivation of the products not specifically authorized in writing by Supplier or (z) use of third party products. THE FOREGOING STATES THE ENTIRE LIABILITY OF SUPPLIER AND THE EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR DISTRIBUTOR RELATING TO INFRINGEMENT OR CLAIMS OF INFRINGEMENT OF ANY COPYRIGHT OR OTHER PROPRIETARY RIGHT BY THE PRODUCTS.
9. PROPRIETARY INFORMATION.
9.1 Protection of Proprietary Information. Supplier and Distributor agree to keep in confidence and not disclose to others all knowledge, information and data furnished to either by the other party and claimed by the other party to be proprietary, provided such information is given in writing or, if oral, is reduced to writing within thirty (30) days and such writing is marked to indicate the claims of ownership and/or secrecy. Supplier and Distributor agree that neither shall use, nor reproduce for use in any way, any proprietary information of the other except in furtherance of the relationship set forth herein. Supplier and Distributor agree to protect the proprietary information of the other with the same standard of care and procedures used by each to protect its own proprietary information of similar importance but at all times using at least a reasonable degree of care.
9.2 Limitations. Section 9.1 shall not be applicable and shall impose no obligation on a party with respect to any portion of proprietary information which:
a. Was at the time received or which thereafter becomes, through no act or failure on the part of such party, generally known or available to the public;
b. Is known to such party at the time of receiving such information as evidenced by documentation then rightfully in the possession of either party;
c. Is furnished to others by the other party without restriction of disclosure;
d. Is thereafter rightfully furnished to such party by a third party without restriction by that third party on disclosure; or
e. Has been disclosed pursuant to the requirements of law or court order without restrictions or other protection against public disclosure; provided, however, that the other party shall have been given a reasonable opportunity to resist disclosure and/or to obtain a suitable protective order.
9.3 Survival. The covenants of confidentiality set forth herein shall survive and continue and be maintained from the Effective Date hereof until three (3) years after termination of this Agreement.
10. TERM AND TERMINATION.
10.1 Term. The initial term of this Agreement shall commence upon the Effective Date and shall continue for a period of five (5) Contract Years (the “Initial Term”). Thereafter, this Agreement shall be renewed for successive one (1) year terms unless terminated by either party by ninety (90) days written notice given on or before the commencement of any renewal term.
10.2 Termination. This Agreement may be terminated as follows:
a. At any time upon mutual written agreement of the parties;
b. By Supplier upon fifteen (15) days written notice to Distributor for failure by Distributor to make payment for Products when due, unless such failure is cured within the fifteen (15) day period; or
c. By either party if (i) the other party is in material breach of its obligations hereunder and such breach continues uncured for a period of thirty (30) days after written notice to the defaulting party, or (ii) the other party makes a general assignment for the benefit of its creditors, appoints or has appointed a receiver, trustee in bankruptcy or similar officer to take charge of all or part of its property, files or has a petition filed against it in any bankruptcy (unless such petition is dismissed within sixty (60) days of its filing), and/or is adjudged insolvent or bankrupt.
11. EXPORT REQUIREMENTS.
The Products and any documentation and all related technical information or materials are subject to export controls and are licensable under the U.S. Government export regulations. Distributor will comply strictly with all legal requirements established under these controls and will not export, reexport, divert, transfer or disclose, directly or indirectly, the Products, documentation and any related technical information or materials without the prior approval of the U.S. Department of Commerce.
12.1 Successors and Assigns. The rights and obligations of either party shall not be transferable without the prior written consent of the other party, which consent shall not be unreasonably withheld or delayed. All obligations of the parties herein shall be binding upon their respective successors or assigns.
12.2 Choice of Laws. This Agreement shall be governed by, and its terms shall be construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Texas.
12.3 Waiver. No waiver or breach of any term or condition of this Agreement shall operate as a waiver of any other breach of such term or condition, or of any other term or condition, nor shall any failure to enforce any provisions hereunder operate as a waiver of such provision or any other provision hereunder.
12.4 Severability. In case any one or more of the provisions contained in this Agreement shall for any reason be held to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable in any respect, except in those instances where removal or elimination of such invalid, illegal, or unenforceable provision or provisions would result in a failure of consideration under this Agreement, such invalidity, illegality or unenforceability shall not effect any other provision hereof, and this Agreement shall be construed as if such invalid, illegal or unenforceable provisions had never been contained herein.
12.5 Notices. All notices hereunder shall be in writing and shall be deemed to have been duly given if delivered personally, one day after delivery to a nationally recognized overnight delivery service, charges prepaid, three days after being sent by registered or certified mail, postage prepaid, to the parties at their respective addresses set forth above or to such other address as any party shall have specified by notice to the other in accordance with this Section. Purchase orders, forecasts and other routine business forms (and any notices not sent in accordance with the foregoing) shall be effective only upon receipt.
12.6 Headings. Headings used in this Agreement are for the purpose of reference only and are not to be considered in construction or interpretation of this Agreement.
12.7 Counterparts. This Agreement may be executed in one or more counterparts, each of which shall be deemed an original, but all of which together shall be deemed one and the same instrument.
12.8 Entire Agreement; Amendment. This Agreement, including the Exhibits, contains the entire Agreement between the parties relating to the subject matter hereof. All prior agreements and all prior negotiations, representations and communications relating to the same subject are superseded by this Agreement. This Agreement may not be modified other than by a written document signed by an authorized representative of each party.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the installation and use of this product have caused this Agreement to be executed by their respective duly authorized representatives the day and year first set forth above.