Bookmark Buddy distribution permissions and end-user license agreement
Bookmark Buddy is copyright (1998-2012) of Edward Leigh. It is NOT public domain or ‘freeware’.
In the license conditions that follow, these terms have special meaning:
* ‘Program’ shall refer to Bookmark Buddy.
* ‘Author’ shall refer to Edward Leigh, the author of Bookmark Buddy.
* ‘Individual Licensee’ shall refer to an individual user of the Program plus
any family with whom he/she regularly shares a computer.
* ‘Corporate Licensee’ shall refer to the company that employs one or more
users of the Program.
* ‘Licensee’ shall refer to either a Corporate Licensee or Individual Licensee,
as appropriate for the user.
* ‘Full User License’ shall refer to the supplementary license required to
access the full functionality of the Program.
The Author grants the Licensee the right to use the Program on any computer
providing that the Licensee agrees to be bound by the following conditions:
* The Program is provided ‘as is’. The Licensee uses the Program entirely at
his/her/its own risk.
* No warranties nor guarantees are included with this license. In no event shall
the Author be liable for any consequential damages whatsoever (including, but
not limited to, damages for loss of business profits or loss of business
information) arising out of the use of, or the inability to use, the Program.
In any case, the Author’s liability shall be limited to the price paid for any
Full User Licenses.
* No other rights with respect to the Program are granted to the Licensee.
* If the Licensee desires access to the full functionality of the Program, after
any trial period is over, he/she/it must obtain a Full User License.
* One Full User License is valid for one Individual Licensee or one employee of
a Corporate Licensee.
* Full User Licenses may be transferred between employees of a Corporate
Licensee, but not from and back to the same employee within a 30 day period.
* For the avoidance of doubt, the number of Full User Licenses required does not
equal the number of computers on which the program is installed, nor the number
of concurrent users of the Program.
* The Licensee shall not reverse engineer, de-compile, disassemble or modify in
any way whatsoever the Program, except as permitted by applicable law.
* The Licensee shall not give or lend its license key (encapsulated in a
‘Personal License Register’) to anyone else.
* The Licensee shall not sell, rent or lease the Program to anyone else.
* The Licensee may distribute only the most recent installation package as
available from the Author’s web site.
* The Licensee shall respect all national and international intellectual
property laws and treaties that apply to the Program, including copyright,
trademarks and patent rights.
* This licence agreement is governed by the laws of England and Wales.
If The Licensee does not agree with the stated license conditions, the Licensee
must uninstall the Program (if already installed) and erase all copies of the
You may freely distribute release versions (but NOT pre-release versions) of Bookmark Buddy, PROVIDED THAT you distribute only the most recent COMPLETE, ORIGINAL installer available from: