Bytescout PDFDoc Scout distribution permissions and end-user license agreement
Bytescout PDFDoc Scout License Agreement
This is a legal agreement between you, the end user, and Bytescout. By answering 'YES' or 'Accept' you are agreeing to accept ownership of this product and to be bound by the terms of this agreement. It also contains proprietary source code which you are entitled to use only under the terms of this license agreement. This License will continue as long as you use the Product. However, it will terminate if you fail to comply with any of its terms or conditions. You must agree, upon termination, to destroy all copies of the Bytescout PDFDoc Scout.
Bytescout License For Bytescout PDFDoc Scout
1. Grant of License. Bytescout grants a limited, non-exclusive license to use one copy of the application development tool called Bytescout PDFDoc Scout for the purpose of developing applications for the Windows environment. Developer License is required for every developer (user) who use the Bytescout PDFDoc Scout for software development purposes.
2. Runtime Distribution License. Bytescout grants you a royalty-free right to distribute copies of the runtime files for use with applications you have developed using the Bytescout PDFDoc Scout. The Bytescout PDFDoc Scout runtime files are listed in Exhibit A. These libraries may not be distributed for any other purpose than to accompany software that you have developed using the Bytescout PDFDoc Scout. You may use the Bytescout PDFDoc Scout in your specific purpose application programs, in which case Bytescout grants you permission under Bytescout 's copyright to use, give away or sell such programs without additional licenses or fees, as long as all copies of these programs bear a valid copyright notice and provided that your program is not merely a set or subset of the Bytescout PDFDoc Scout or a compilation or development tool or library which includes all or a portion of the Bytescout PDFDoc Scout, or is otherwise a product that is generally competitive with or a substitute for the Bytescout PDFDoc Scout. This permission is granted solely for the purpose set forth above, and you are not authorized to use the Bytescout PDFDoc Scout in any other manner.
3. Copyright. The Bytescout PDFDoc Scout is owned by Bytescout and is protected by United States copyright laws and international treaty provisions. You may make one copy of the software for backup purposes. You may not, under any circumstances, copy the manual and other written materials that accompany this software.
4. Web Server License. User can install and use Bytescout PDFDoc Scout library on the WEB server only if he have an additional "WEB License" license required for every web-server with Bytescout PDFDoc Scout library installed.
5. PDF Application License. User can use Bytescout PDFDoc Scout library to create application/product where main functionality is to create/generate PDF documents (converters into PDF format, virtual printers) only if he have an additional "PDF Application" license.
6. Other Restrictions. You may not rent, lease, sub-license, transfer, or sell the SOFTWARE. You may not translate, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble the SOFTWARE.
This documentation and the COM Server library (DLL) are provided "as is" without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability and/or suitability for a particular purpose. The user assumes the entire risk of any damage caused by this software.
GOVERNING LAW AND GENERAL PROVISIONS
This Agreement will be governed by the laws of the United States of America, excluding the application of its conflicts of law rules. If any part of this Agreement is found void and unenforceable, it will not affect the validity of the rest of the Agreement, which shall remain valid and enforceable according to its terms. You may not ship, transfer, or export the Software into any country or used in any manner prohibited by any export laws, restrictions or regulations. This Agreement shall automatically terminate upon failure by you to comply with its terms.
Web site: http://www.bytescout.com
Software includes partitions licensed from L. David Baldwin