CD-Cover Editor distribution permissions and end-user license agreement
This license agreement is a legal agreement between you (either an individual or a company) and the author of CD-Cover Editor 3.0 (hereinafter "software"), Thomas Heath – (hereinafter "author").
1. This Software is governed by this license agreement. By installing the software, or any update to it, you agree to the terms in this document.
2. This trial version of the software has been made available to you for free evaluation. You are entitled to evaluate the software for 7 prints without obligation to pay. If you find the software useful and wish to continue using it after this 7 print quota is used up, you are obliged to register your copy to obtain the full registered version of the product. The registration/purchase will only cost you $ 24.95 USD. For details visit: www.cd-cover-editor.com/buy.html.
3. You may freely distribute copies of the evaluation version of the software, in its original format, so long as you do not charge more than a nominal fee to cover the cost of materials or distribution. You may not in any way change the original distribution file, except to package it within another archive if necessary. An evaluation version is one distributed by the author or by our authorised agents for evaluation purposes and which is described as an evaluation or unlicensed copy in the software`s sign-on messages or about box.
4. The software is protected by the copyright laws of Denmark and other countries, and the author retains all intellectual property rights in the software. You may not separately publish, sell, market, distribute, lend, lease, rent, or sublicense the software. However, this license is not to be construed as prohibiting or limiting any fair use sanctioned by copyright law, such as permitted library and classroom usage.
5. The author warrants that the software will provide the features and functions generally described in the product specification on the website when you purchased it and in the product documentation. This warranty is void if any software failure results from abuse, accident, or misapplication.
6. The author has taken all reasonable steps to keep the software free of viruses, spyware, "back door" entrances, or any other harmful code. The author will not track or collect any information about you, your data, or your use of the software except as you specifically authorize. The author will not intentionally deprive you of your ability to use any features of the software or access to your data.
7. The author do not warrant that the software or your ability to use it will be uninterrupted or error-free and the author will not be liable for any loss of data or damage incurred by use of this program. To the extent permitted by applicable law, the author disclaims any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY
8. Your exclusive remedy under the above limited warranty shall be, at the author’s option, either a full refund of the purchase price or correction of the defective software. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, the author disclaims all liability for indirect or consequential damages that arise under this license agreement.
9. If any part of this agreement is found to be invalid or unenforceable, the remaining terms will stay in effect. This agreement does not prejudice the statutory rights of any party dealing as a consumer.
10. This agreement will be governed by the laws of Denmark.
11. This agreement does not supersede any express warranties the author made to you. Any modification to this agreement must be agreed to in writing by both parties.
CD-Cover Editor © 2006 by Thomas Heath. All rights reserved.