Chef-A-Matic distribution permissions and end-user license agreement
CHEF-A-MATIC - PRODUCT LICENSE INFORMATION
NOTICE TO USERS: CAREFULLY READ THE FOLLOWING LEGAL AGREEMENT. USE OF THE SOFTWARE PROVIDED WITH THIS AGREEMENT (THE "SOFTWARE") CONSTITUTES YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, DO NOT INSTALL AND/OR USE THIS SOFTWARE. USER`S USE OF THIS SOFTWARE IS CONDITIONED UPON COMPLIANCE BY USER WITH THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT.
1. LICENSE GRANT. The Author grants you a license to use one copy of the version of this SOFTWARE on any one system for as many licenses as you purchase. "You" means the company, entity or individual whose funds are used to pay the license fee. "Use" means storing, loading, installing, executing or displaying the SOFTWARE. You may not modify the SOFTWARE or disable any licensing or control features of the SOFTWARE except as an intended part of the SOFTWARE`s programming features. When you first obtain a copy of the SOFTWARE, you are granted an evaluation period of not more than 30 days, after which time you must pay for the SOFTWARE according to the terms and prices discussed in the SOFTWARE`s documentation, or you must remove the SOFTWARE from your system. This license is not transferable to any other system, or to another organization or individual. You are expected to use the SOFTWARE on your system and to thoroughly evaluate its usefulness and functionality before making a purchase. This "try before you buy" approach is the ultimate guarantee that the SOFTWARE will perform to your satisfaction; therefore, you understand and agree that there is no refund policy for any purchase of the SOFTWARE.
2. OWNERSHIP. The SOFTWARE is owned and copyrighted by The Author. Your license confers no title or ownership in the SOFTWARE and should not be construed as a sale of any right in the SOFTWARE .
3. COPYRIGHT. The SOFTWARE is protected by United Kingdom copyright law and international treaty provisions. You acknowledge that no title to the intellectual property in the SOFTWARE is transferred to you. You further acknowledge that title and full ownership rights to the SOFTWARE will remain the exclusive property of The Author and you will not acquire any rights to the SOFTWARE except as expressly set forth in this license. You agree that any copies of the SOFTWARE will contain the same proprietary notices which appear on and in the SOFTWARE.
4. REVERSE ENGINEERING. You agree that you will not attempt to reverse compile, modify, translate, or disassemble the SOFTWARE in whole or in part.
5. WARRANTIES. The Author warrants that the Software will perform substantially in accordance with the description contained in the file Chef-A-matic.chm accompanying the Software (provided that the Software is properly used on the operating system for which it is designed) and that the description correctly describes the operation of the Software in all material respects.
THE EXPRESS TERMS OF THIS LICENCE ARE IN LIEU OF ALL WARRANTIES, CONDITIONS, UNDERTAKINGS, TERMS AND OBLIGATIONS APPLIED BY STATUTE, COMMON LAW, TRADE USAGE, COURSE OF DEALING OR OTHERWISE ALL OF WHICH ARE HEREBY EXCLUDED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
THE AUTHOR DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SOFTWARE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR THAT THE OPERATION OF THE SOFTWARE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE OR THAT ANY DEFECTS IN THE SOFTWARE WILL BE CORRECTED.
YOU SHALL LOAD AND USE THE SOFTWARE AT YOUR OWN RISK AND IN NO EVENT WILL THE AUTHOR BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCLUDING LOSS OF PROFITS OR OTHER CONSEQUENTIAL LOSS ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SOFTWARE OR FROM ERRORS OR DEFICIENCIES IN IT WHETHER CAUSED BY NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY PROVIDED HEREIN. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHOR`S LIABILITY EXCEED THE REGISTRATION FEE PAID BY YOU FOR THE SOFTWARE.
6. GOVERNING LAW. This Licence shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the Laws of England and the parties hereby submit to the jurisdiction of the English courts.
If you are a distributor, you may distribute the Chef-A-Matic in its original (unaltered) form to any place you wish unless you are notified otherwise. If you charge a fee for copying and distribution, the cost may not exceed $9.00 per copy.