Chromium 18.0.1025.3 Open-source Browser Project....
Building Chromium 18.0.1025.3
Accelerating the build
In decreasing order of speedup:
- Use a true multicore processor; ie. an Intel Core Duo or later; not a Pentium 4 HT.
- Use a x64 OS otherwise incremental linking is disabled.
- Have 8 gigs of RAM.
- Use VS2008 or do this manual fix for VS2005:
- Ensure that /MP is enabled. You can do this by creating a file called include. gypi which contains the following lines:
Put this file in a folder called . gyp under your home directory. On Windows, this will be something like: C:Documents and Settings. gypinclude. gypi, or if you are on Vista: C:Users. gypinclude. gypi. Use " mkdir %userprofile%. gyp" in a command prompt to create the folder because explorer may complain that you need to provide a file name. Make sure you run " gclient runhooks --force" after creating this file to rebuild the project files, forcing GYP to output /MP.
- Disable your anti-virus software for . ilk, . pdb, . cc, . h files and only check for viruses on modify. Disable scanning the directory where your sources reside.
- Store and build the Chromium 18.0.1025.3 code on a second hard drive. It won`t really speed up the build but at least your computer will stay responsive when you do gclient sync or a build.
- Defragment your hard drive regularly.
Rebuild / Clean
You can use Rebuild and Clean on individual projects to rebuild them. However, because of the large number of files generated by the build system, avoid using Rebuild All or Clean All - these do not erase everything! Instead delete the entire output directory (chromeDebug or chromeRelease).
Build Chromium with Command Line
You would need to have Visual Studio installed, but not running. Navigate to source directory (src/chrome) and type the following command:
C: runksrcchrome> devenv. exe /build Debug chrome. sln /project chrome. vcproj
You can also use devenv. com with the same command-line. This will show the output of the various build commands, which can be useful when trying to track down errors during building.
Note for Windows Vista: the devenv command may silently fail if Visual Studio has been configured to always run as Administrator. You can check or disable this by right clicking the Visual Studio application icon, then select Properties -> Compatibility -> Run this program as administrator.
What is new in official Chromium 18.0.1025.3 software version? - Unable to resolve 18.0.1025.3 news. What is expected in the future? Newly-made Chromium 18.1 be downloaded from current page, we also looking forward to unconfirmed 18.2 release build. You may download chromium.r120165.tgz directly, estimated download time by FiOS [~50.0 Mbit/s] is 0:02:17. Just write the reviews of the Chromium. System requirements are Windows XP SP2 or later. Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Standard/Pro (8.0) or later. This post explains how Visual Studio Express may work if you have enough free time. Visual Studio 2005 Team trial seems to work. Please tell us if Visual Studio 2008 Pro Tr. Program has been scanned and verified by the several antivirus and anti-spyware applications and Chromium found to be clean. No guide or Chromium tutorial available. The following languages are supported by Chromium: English.