DesignWorks Professional for Winodws distribution permissions and end-user license agreement
--- DesignWorks Professional for Windows License Agreement ---
The information in the DesignWorks Professional for Windows ("DesignWorks") and utilities manuals are subject to change without notice and do not represent a commitment on the part of Capilano Computing Systems Ltd. or any employee or agent.
1) The purchaser of the DesignWorks software package has purchased the physical materials in the package (if any) and a non-exclusive license to use the software on a single computer (unless modified by a network license endorsement by Capilano Computing Systems Ltd). The software may be moved to any other computer provided it is used and stored on only one machine at any one time. The purchaser may not provide copies of the software to any other party by whatever transmission technology whatsoever.
2) If used on a network system, the purchaser must take steps to ensure that the software is used on only one CPU at any one time, and that the software is not accessible for copying by other network users. Failure to take these steps may make the purchaser liable for lost income and damages to Capilano Computing Systems Ltd. A network endorsement is available from Capilano Computing Systems Ltd. allowing a single unit to be run on multiple computers on a network.
3) The purchaser is permitted to make a reasonable number of copies of the original CDs and related materials for backup purposes only. All copyright notices on the original materials must be reproduced on all copies.
4) The purchaser may sell the license to use the software, along with the original CDs, all backup copies and all documentation materials to a third party. That party is then bound by these same license restrictions.
5) The program, documentation and related materials are Copyrighted. Any copying of these materials other than as permitted by this agreement is in violation of the law. The software and documentation may not be modified, translated into other languages, or reduced to any electronic medium without prior written consent from Capilano Computing Systems Ltd.
6) This license agreement is effective until terminated, either by returning all original materials and copies to Capilano Computing Systems Ltd., or by destroying all such materials and copies.
Limitation of Liability and Warranty
This software and documentation is provided "as is" without any claim as to its suitability for any particular purpose. Capilano Computing Systems Ltd. assumes no liability for any loss or injury arising in relation to the use of this software or related materials.
In no event will Capilano Computing Systems Ltd. be liable for any direct, indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages resulting from any defect in the software or its documentation. Capilano Computing Systems Ltd. will not be liable for loss of any programs or data resulting from the use of the software, or for any costs incurred in recovering lost programs or data.
The sole warranty provided is that the original CD and related documentation will be free from defects in materials or workmanship. Any defective original material returned to Capilano Computing Systems Ltd. by the original purchaser within 90 days of purchase will be replaced free of charge.
Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of implied warranties or liability, so some of the preceding clauses may not apply to you. If any clause in this agreement is found to be void, illegal or unenforceble in your jurisdiction then that clause shall be considered severed and the remaining clauses shall continue to be valid.
The name DesignWorks is a trademark of Capilano Computing Systems Ltd.
Questions regarding this license agreement can be directed to Capilano Computing at: