Event Log Janitor distribution permissions and end-user license agreement
Event Log Janitor
EULA (End User License Agreement)
NOTICE TO USERS: CAREFULLY READ THE FOLLOWING LEGAL AGREEMENT. USE OF THE SOFTWARE PROVIDED WITH THIS AGREEMENT (THE "SOFTWARE") CONSTITUTES YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, DO NOT INSTALL AND/OR USE THIS SOFTWARE. USER`S USE OF THIS SOFTWARE IS CONDITIONED UPON COMPLIANCE BY USER WITH THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT.
1. LICENSE GRANT. Streiff Information Services (SIS) grants you a license to use one copy of the version of this SOFTWARE on any one system for as many licenses as you purchase. "You" means the company, entity or individual whose funds are used to pay the license fee. "Use" means storing, loading, installing, executing or displaying the SOFTWARE. You may not modify the SOFTWARE or disable any licensing or control features of the SOFTWARE except as an intended part of the SOFTWARE`s programming features. When you first obtain a copy of the SOFTWARE, you are granted an evaluation period of not more than 30 days, after which time you must pay for the SOFTWARE according to the terms and prices discussed in the SOFTWARE`s documentation or online web site, or you must remove the SOFTWARE from your system. This license is not transferable to any other system, or to another organization or individual. You are expected to use the SOFTWARE on your system and to thoroughly evaluate its usefulness and functionality before making a purchase. This "try before you buy" approach is the ultimate guarantee that the SOFTWARE will perform to your satisfaction; therefore, you understand and agree that there is no refund policy for any purchase of the SOFTWARE.
2. OWNERSHIP. The SOFTWARE is owned and copyrighted by Streiff Information Services (SIS). Your license confers no title or ownership in the SOFTWARE and should not be construed as a sale of any right in the SOFTWARE .
3. COPYRIGHT. The SOFTWARE is protected by United States copyright law and international treaty provisions. You acknowledge that no title to the intellectual property in the SOFTWARE is transferred to you. You further acknowledge that title and full ownership rights to the SOFTWARE will remain the exclusive property of Streiff Information Services (SIS) and you will not acquire any rights to the SOFTWARE except as expressly set forth in this license. You agree that any copies of the SOFTWARE will contain the same proprietary notices which appear on and in the SOFTWARE.
4. REVERSE ENGINEERING. You agree that you will not attempt to reverse compile, modify, translate, or disassemble the SOFTWARE in whole or in part.
5. NO OTHER WARRANTIES. Streiff Information Services (SIS) DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SOFTWARE IS ERROR FREE. Streiff Information Services (SIS) DISCLAIMS ALL OTHER WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO THE SOFTWARE, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY MAY LAST, OR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THIS WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS WHICH VARY FROM JURISDICTION TO JURISDICTION.
6. SEVERABILITY. In the event of invalidity of any provision of this license, the parties agree that such invalidity shall not affect the validity of the remaining portions of this license.
7. NO LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT SHALL Streiff Information Services (SIS) OR ITS SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR INDIRECT DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING OUT OF THE DELIVERY, PERFORMANCE OR USE OF THE SOFTWARE, EVEN IF Streiff Information Services (SIS) HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT WILL Streiff Information Services (SIS)` LIABILITY FOR ANY CLAIM, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT OR ANY OTHER THEORY OF LIABILITY, EXCEED THE LICENSE FEE PAID BY YOU, IF ANY.
8.You agree that you will defend, indemnify and hold Streiff Information Services harmless against any claims or liabilities arising out of the use, misuse, distribution or execution of any Streiff IS Product including claims brought against you for the use of such software. You further agree to hold harmless and protect Streiff Information Services against any such civil claims which will be paid by licensee including court costs and judgements against SIS.
9. GOVERNING LAW. This license will be governed by the laws of the State of Pennsylvania as they are applied to agreements between Pennsylvania residents entered into and to be performed entirely within Pennsylvania . The United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods is specifically disclaimed.
10. REFUNDS. No refunds are given or offered by SIS (Streiff Information Services). SIS Software is "try before you buy" marketing. You may try SIS Products for a period not to exceed 30 days. If you decide to continue to use the software and decide it is useful, then you must purchase it. Refunds will only be made in very extreme circumstances and on a case-by-case basis AFTER ALL OTHER ATTEMPTS OF RECTIFYING THE PROBLEM HAS FAILED AND WITHIN 30 DAYS. Refunds and liability will not exceed the purchase price of the SIS Product in question.
11. ENTIRE AGREEMENT. This is the entire agreement between you and Streiff Information Services (SIS) which supersedes any prior agreement or understanding, whether written or oral, relating to the subject matter of this license.
In plain English, this license states that 1) You knowingly accept all terms and responsibilities of downloading, installing and using this software 2) You agree not to hold Streiff Information Services, nor its suppliers, resellers, agents, associates or partners responsible for any mishaps arising from the use of said downloaded software including but not limited to failures in workmanship, data loss, system crashes, individual or employee lawsuits, or any other mishaps or acts that arise from use of this software 3) You agree that Streiff Information Services owns the downloaded software as intellectual property and you shall not modify it in any way.
If the downloaded software causes any problems including data loss, corruption, your computer blows up, etc. and so forth, tough. This means YOU ASSUME ALL RISKS AND FORFEIT ANY AND ALL RIGHTS AGAINST STREIFF INFORMATION SERVICES BY DOWNLOADING AND INSTALLING SAID SOFTWARE.
The demo version of Event Log Janitor may be freely distributed as long as there is no charge for the distribution, except to cover any reasonable costs associated with distribution, such as postage, materials, etc. for example on a software CD compilation. Event Log Janitor DEMO may be freely distributed on electronic or physical media, such as the Internet or CD-ROM or other means as necessary.
The End User MUST Agree to the EULA license before use of any version of Event Log Janitor.