FairStars Recorder distribution permissions and end-user license agreement
FairStars Soft License Agreement
FairStars Recorder V3 END-USER LICENSE AGREEMENT
IMPORTANT-READ CAREFULLY: This End-User license Agreement ("EULA") is a legal agreement between you (either an individual or a single entity) and FairStars Soft, for the FairStars Recorder SOFTWARE(s) ("SOFTWARE") that is accompanying this AGREEMENT. By installing, copying, or otherwise using the SOFTWARE, you agree to be bound by the terms of this EULA.
1. GRANT OF LICENSE.
(1) Evaluation Copy. You may use the SOFTWARE without charge on an evaluation basis. If you register your copy, you can get unlimited usage and lifetime free upgrades.
(2) Redistribution of Evaluation Copy. If you are using SOFTWARE on an evaluation basis you may make copies of the evaluation SOFTWARE as you wish; give exact copies of the original evaluation SOFTWARE to anyone; and distribute the evaluation SOFTWARE in its unmodified form via electronic means (Internet, BBS's, Shareware distribution libraries, CD-ROMs, etc.). You may not charge any fee for the copy or use of the evaluation SOFTWARE itself, but you may charge a distribution fee that is reasonably related to any cost you incur distributing the evaluation SOFTWARE (e.g. packaging). You must not represent in any way that you are selling the SOFTWARE itself. Your distribution of the evaluation SOFTWARE will not entitle you to any compensation from FairStars Soft. You must distribute a copy of this EULA with any copy of the SOFTWARE and anyone to whom you distribute the SOFTWARE is subject to this EULA.
(3) Registered Copy.
After you have purchased the license for SOFTWARE, and have received the license code enabling the registered copy, you are licensed to copy the SOFTWARE only into the memory of the number of computers corresponding to the number of licenses purchased.
a. Single-user license
A single-user license is assigned to a specific user who can install the license to use the registered copy on any computer he or she is using. Only the specific licensed user is authorized to use the registered copy with a single-user license, and he or she can only use it on one computer at a time. If you need to run FairStars Recorder on more than one computer at the same time, you should get multiple copies of the single-user license or a site license.
b. Site license
A site license allow you run the registered copy on more than one computer at the same time, the number of computers corresponding to the licenced client number.
2. RESTRICTIONS. You may not reverse engineer, de-compile, or disassemble the SOFTWARE, except and only to the extent that such activity is expressly permitted by applicable law notwithstanding this limitation. You may not rent, lease, or lend the SOFTWARE. You may permanently transfer all of your rights under this EULA, provided the recipient agrees to the terms of this EULA. You may not use the SOFTWARE to perform any unauthorized transfer of information (e.g. transfer of files in violation of a copyright) or for any illegal purpose.
3. SUPPORT SERVICES. FairStars Soft may provide you with support services related to the SOFTWARE. With respect to technical information you provide to FairStars Soft as part of the Support Services, FairStars Soft may use such information for its business purposes, including for product support and development. FairStars Soft will not utilize such technical information in a form that personally identifies you.
4. RETURNS & REFUNDS
Before you purchase any of our products, we strongly urge you to first install the free trials of the software that you might consider purchasing. Doing so will ensure that you will not encounter any unforeseen problems, should you decide to purchase. Although we cannot guarantee satisfaction to every possible computer user, we do offer an opportunity for you to try our products free of charge and assess them as to your needs and operability so that you can make a fully informed decision to purchase.
If you choose to change operating systems at some point subsequent to purchasing one of our products, you do so at your own risk as you may find that the product you purchased from us will no longer run. We will not guarantee that our products will operate in any operating system.
If you change to an operating system that we do support for a particular product, you should have no difficulty re-installing the product. If you do encounter any difficulty, normal customer support applies.
As FairStars Recorder is a Try-Before-Order software, and we also provide "Lifetime free upgrades" service, we apologize that FairStars Software cannot offer refunds for:
Any item 30 days after the purchase date for any reason.
We only offer refunds for:
The item within 30 days of purchase date.
Note: To prevent fraudulent order, we would withhold a 20% processing fee for ALL returns.
If you meet the criteria above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request a refund.
(1). FairStars Soft reserves the right to deny a refund if the product is returned due to shipping errors resulting from customer mistakes (such as a refused package, an incorrectly written address or error email address). Shipping/handling, brokerage fees, duties, taxes, or any other fees will not be refunded under any circumstances.
(2). If the refund is sent to your credit card account, the credits maybe not appear until 4 to 6 weeks later, and it depends on your credit card company's process.
If you have any questions regarding this policy or the purchase of FairStars Soft products, please contact email@example.com before making a purchase.
5. TERMINATION. Without prejudice to any other rights, FairStars Soft may terminate this EULA if you fail to comply with the terms and conditions of this EULA. In such event, you must destroy all copies of the SOFTWARE.
6. COPYRIGHT. The SOFTWARE is protected by copyright laws and international treaty provisions. You acknowledge that no title to the intellectual property in the SOFTWARE is transferred to you. You further acknowledge that title and full ownership rights to the SOFTWARE will remain the exclusive property of FairStars Soft and you will not acquire any rights to the SOFTWARE except as expressly set forth in this license. You agree that any copies of the SOFTWARE will contain the same proprietary notices which appear on and in the SOFTWARE.
7. NO WARRANTIES. FairStars Soft expressly disclaims any warranty for the SOFTWARE. THE SOFTWARE AND ANY RELATED DOCUMENTATION IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NONINFRINGEMENT. THE ENTIRE RISK ARISING OUT OF USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THE SOFTWARE REMAINS WITH YOU.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. IN NO EVENT SHALL FairStars Soft OR ITS SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR INDIRECT DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING OUT OF THE DELIVERY, PERFORMANCE, OR USE OF THE SOFTWARE, EVEN IF FairStars Soft HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IN ANY EVENT, FairStars Soft'S LIABILITY FOR ANY CLAIM, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, OR ANY OTHER THEORY OF LIABILITY WILL NOT EXCEED THE GREATER OF U.S.$1.00 OR LICENSE FEE PAID BY YOU.