FantasyDVD Player Platinum distribution permissions and end-user license agreement
LICENSE AGREEMENT FOR FANTASYDVD
This software is protected by copyright law and international copyright treaty. Therefore, you must treat this software just like a book, except that you may copy it onto a computer to be used and you may make archive copies of the software for the sole purpose of backing up our software and protecting your investment from loss. The software may be moved from one computer to another, so long as there is no possibility of it being used by more than one person at a time.
TRANSFERRING THE SOFTWARE
You may transfer all of your rights to use the software to another person, provided that you transfer to that person all of the software, diskettes (if applicable), and documentation provided in this package (including this statement), and transfer or destroy all copies in any form. Remember, once you transfer the software, you no longer have any right to use it, and the person to whom it is transferred may use it only in accordance with the copyright law, international treaty, and this statement.
If you have purchased an upgrade version of the software, it constitutes a single product with the Fantasy Software product that you upgraded. For example, the upgrade and the software that you upgraded cannot both be available for use by two different people at the same time, and cannot be transferred separately, without written permission from Fantasy Software.
Except as provided in this statement, you may not transfer, rent, lease, lend, copy, modify, translate, sublicense, time-share, or electronically transmit or receive the software, media, or documentation.
Fantasy Software, Inc. warrants the physical media (or electronic distribution file) and online help files provided by Fantasy Software to be free of defects in materials (if provided on diskette) and workmanship for a period of sixty (60) days from the original purchase date. If Fantasy Software receives notification within the warranty period of defects in materials or workmanship, and determines that such notification is correct, Fantasy Software will replace the defective media or files.
The entire and exclusive liability and remedy for breach of this limited warranty shall be limited to replacement of defective media or documentation and shall not include or extend to any claim for or right to recover any other damages, including but not limited to, loss of profit, data, or use of the software or special, incidental or consequential damages, or other similar claims, even if Fantasy Software has been specifically advised of the possibility of such damages. In no event will Fantasy Software's liability for any damages to you or any other person ever exceed the lower of the list price or the actual price paid for the package or the license to use the software, regardless of the form of the claim.
FANTASY SOFTWARE, INC. SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS, OR CONDITIONS, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OR CONDITION OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. ALL OTHER IMPLIED TERMS ARE EXCLUDED.
Specifically, Fantasy Software makes no representation or warranty that the software or documentation are "error-free," or meet any user's particular standards, requirements, or needs. In all events, any implied warranty, representation, condition, or other term is limited to the electronic distribution file(s) and online documentation and is limited to the 60-day duration of the limited warranty.
Fantasy Software is not responsible for, and does not make any representation, warranty, or condition concerning product, media, software, or documentation not manufactured or supplied by Fantasy Software, such as third-parties' programs that are designed using Fantasy Software software or which include Fantasy Software programs or files.
GENERAL TERMS THAT APPLY TO COMPILED PROGRAMS
The license granted in this statement for you to create your own compiled programs and distribute your programs using the software in this package is subject to all of the following conditions:
1. All copies of the programs you create must include a valid copyright notice, or Fantasy Software's copyright notice on your product label.
2. You may not remove or alter any Fantasy Software's copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights notice contained in any portion of Fantasy Software units, source code, or other files that bear such a notice.
3. Fantasy Software provides no warranty at all to any person, other than the Limited Warranty provided to the original purchaser of this package.
4. You will remain solely responsible to anyone receiving your programs for support, service, upgrades, or technical or other assistance, and such recipients will have no right to contact Fantasy Software for such services or assistance.
5. You will indemnify, hold harmless, and defend Fantasy Software from and against any claims or lawsuits, including attorney's fees, that arise or result from the use, reproduction, or distribution of your programs.
6. Your programs must be written using a licensed, registered copy of this Fantasy Software product.
7. You may not use Fantasy Software's name, logo, or trademarks to market your programs, except to state that your program was written using this Fantasy Software product.
8. All Fantasy Software units, source code, and other files remain Fantasy Software's exclusive property.