FinalBurner FREE distribution permissions and end-user license agreement
FinalBurner FREE(tm) License Agreement.
FinalBurner FREE is FREEWARE.
PROTECTEDSOFT FinalBurner FREE VERSION 1.0 END-USER LICENSE AGREEMENT
IMPORTANT-READ CAREFULLY: This FinalBurner FREE End-User License Agreement ("EULA") is a legal agreement between you (either an individual or a single entity) and PROTECTEDSOFT, Ltd. for the PROTECTEDSOFT SOFTWARE(s) identified above, which includes the User's Guide, any associated SOFTWARE components, any media, any printed materials other than the User's Guide, and any "online" or electronic documentation ("SOFTWARE"). By installing, copying, or otherwise using the SOFTWARE, you agree to be bound by the terms of this EULA. If you do not agree to the terms of this EULA, do not install or use the SOFTWARE. If the SOFTWARE was mailed to you, return the media envelope, UNOPENED, along with the rest of the package to the location where you obtained it within 30 days from purchase.
1. The SOFTWARE is licensed, not sold.
2. GRANT OF LICENSE.
(a) Freeware. You may use the SOFTWARE without charge. PROTECTEDSOFT may place advertisements in evaluation copies. PROTECTEDSOFT will not monitor the content of your use (e.g., sites selected or files used).
(b) Redistribution of FinalBurner FREE. You may make copies of the evaluation SOFTWARE as you wish; give exact copies of the original SOFTWARE to anyone; and distribute the SOFTWARE in its unmodified form via electronic means (Internet, BBS's, Shareware distribution libraries, CD-ROMs, etc.). You may not charge any fee for the copy or use of the evaluation SOFTWARE itself, but you may charge a distribution fee that is reasonably related to any cost you incur distributing the evaluation SOFTWARE (e.g. packaging). You must not represent in any way that you are selling the SOFTWARE itself. Your distribution of the SOFTWARE will not entitle you to any compensation from PROTECTEDSOFT. You must distribute a copy of this EULA with any copy of the SOFTWARE and anyone to whom you distribute the SOFTWARE is subject to this EULA.
3. RESTRICTIONS. You may not reverse engineer, de-compile, or disassemble the SOFTWARE, except and only to the extent that such activity is expressly permitted by applicable law notwithstanding this limitation. You may not rent, lease, or lend the SOFTWARE. You may permanently transfer all of your rights under this EULA, provided the recipient agrees to the terms of this EULA. You may not use the SOFTWARE to perform any unauthorized transfer of information (e.g. transfer of files in violation of a copyright) or for any illegal purpose.
4. SUPPORT SERVICES. PROTECTEDSOFT may provide you with support services related to the SOFTWARE. Use of Support Services is governed by the PROTECTEDSOFT polices and programs described in the user manual, in online documentation, and/or other PROTECTEDSOFT-provided materials, as they may be modified from time to time. Any supplemental SOFTWARE code provided to you as part of the Support Services shall be considered part of the SOFTWARE and subject to the terms and conditions of this EULA. With respect to technical information you provide to PROTECTEDSOFT as part of the Support Services, PROTECTEDSOFT may use such information for its business purposes, including for product support and development. PROTECTEDSOFT will not utilize such technical information in a form that personally identifies you.
5. TERMINATION. Without prejudice to any other rights, PROTECTEDSOFT may terminate this EULA if you fail to comply with the terms and conditions of this EULA. In such event, you must destroy all copies of the SOFTWARE.
6. COPYRIGHT. The SOFTWARE is protected by United States copyright law and international treaty provisions. You acknowledge that no title to the intellectual property in the SOFTWARE is transferred to you. You further acknowledge that title and full ownership rights to the SOFTWARE will remain the exclusive property of PROTECTEDSOFT and you will not acquire any rights to the SOFTWARE except as expressly set forth in this license. You agree that any copies of the SOFTWARE will contain the same proprietary notices which appear on and in the SOFTWARE.
7. NO WARRANTIES. PROTECTEDSOFT expressly disclaims any warranty for the SOFTWARE. THE SOFTWARE AND ANY RELATED DOCUMENTATION IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NONINFRINGEMENT. THE ENTIRE RISK ARISING OUT OF USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THE SOFTWARE REMAINS WITH YOU.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. IN NO EVENT SHALL PROTECTEDSOFT OR ITS SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR INDIRECT DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING OUT OF THE DELIVERY, PERFORMANCE, OR USE OF THE SOFTWARE, EVEN IF PROTECTEDSOFT HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IN ANY EVENT, PROTECTEDSOFT'S LIABILITY FOR ANY CLAIM, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, OR ANY OTHER THEORY OF LIABILITY WILL NOT EXCEED THE GREATER OF U.S.$1.00 OR LICENSE FEE PAID BY YOU.
9. U.S. GOVERNMENT RESTRICTED RIGHTS. The SOFTWARE is provided with RESTRICTED RIGHTS. Use, duplication, or disclosure by the Government is subject to restrictions as set forth in subparagraph (c)(1)(ii) of The Rights in Technical Data and Computer SOFTWARE clause of DFARS 252.227-7013 or subparagraphs (c)(i) and (2) of the Commercial Computer SOFTWARE-Restricted Rights at 48 CFR 52.227-19, as applicable.
If you are using FinalBurner on an evaluation basis you may make copies
of the evaluation FinalBurner as you wish; give exact copies of the original
evaluation FinalBurner to anyone; and distribute the evaluation FinalBurner
in its unmodified form via electronic means (Internet, BBS's, Shareware distribution
libraries, CD-ROMs, etc.). You may not charge any fee for the copy or use of
the evaluation FinalBurner itself, but you may charge a distribution fee that is
reasonably related to any cost you incur distributing the evaluation FinalBurner
(e.g. packaging). You must not represent in any way that you are selling the
FinalBurner itself. Your distribution of the evaluation FinalBurner will not
entitle you to any compensation from FinalBurner. You must distribute a copy of
EULA with any copy of FinalBurner anyone to whom you distribute it.