News Updater distribution permissions and end-user license agreement
XMLS hereby grants you a license to use the software News Updater (the Software).
An unregistered version of the program "News Updater" may be used by an individual not using the program for commercial purposes (business, academic, or government). It may be used for commercial purpose, for evaluation only for a period of 30 days. For any commercial use other than evaluation, the program must be registered. Individuals using the program for non-commercial purposes do not need to register (but will not benefit of the extra`s).
- Use the program for evaluation or non commercial- personal use.
- Copy the Software for archival purposes, provided all copys contains all of the original Software`s proprietary notices.
Registered users may:
- Use the program for any purpose including commercial purposes (business, academic, or government).
- Render their customers a copy of the (unregistered) News Updater program in order to use the files created for them. (ONLY the program, NOT the registration code!).
You may not:
- Modify, translate, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble (except to the extent applicable laws specifically prohibit such restriction).
- Create derivative works based on the Software.
- Rent, lease, transfer or otherwise transfer rights to the Software.
- Rent, lease, transfer or otherwise transfer the registration code.
- Remove any proprietary notices or labels on the Software.
- Try to "crack" the registration code or otherwise obtain one, other than purchasing via the registration site.
Registered users agree to keep their registration code secret. They will make all reasonable efforts to prevent theft of their registration code.
The license will terminate automatically if you fail to comply with the limitations described above. On termination, you must destroy all copies of the Software and documentation.
News Updater software is Copyright (c) 2003, M.L. Somers - http://www.xmlssoftware.com
Title, ownership rights and intellectual property rights in and to the Software shall remain in XMLS. The software is protected by international copyright treaties.
Portions of this software are Copyright (c) 1993 - 2003, Chad Z. Hower (Kudzu) and the Indy Pit Crew - http://www.IndyProject.org/
This software is based in part on the work of the Independent JPEG Group. The JPEG components are copyright (C) 1991-1998, Thomas G. Lane.
The copyrights of individual contributions are held by the respective authors of those contributions and/or their successors in interest.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY
The Software is provided on an AS IS basis, without warranty of any kind, including without limitation the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. The entire risk as to the quality and performance of the Software is borne by you. Should the Software prove defective, you and not XMLS, assume the entire cost of any service and repair.
XMLS IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY CHARACTER INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF GOODWILL, WORK STOPPAGE, COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION, OR ANY AND ALL OTHER DAMAGES OR LOSSES.
PORTIONS OF THIS SOFTWARE ARE PROVIDED BY Chad Z. Hower (Kudzu) and the Indy Pit Crew "AS IS`` AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE REGENTS OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
Portions of this software are provided by Thomas G. Lane and the Independent JPEG Group. The authors make NO WARRANTY or representation, either express or implied, with respect to this software, its quality, accuracy, merchantability, or fitness for a particular purpose. This software is provided "AS IS", and you, its user, assume the entire risk as to its quality and accuracy. Permission for use of this software is granted only if the user accepts full responsibility for any undesirable consequences; the authors accept NO LIABILITY for damages of any kind.
Please point to the site since updates may frequently take place.