Spectre distribution permissions and end-user license agreement
END-USER LICENSE AGREEMENT FOR LEAF`S of The Family Tree Software
IMPORTANT-READ CAREFULLY: This End-User License Agreement ("EULA") is a legal agreement between you (either an individual or a single entity) and L`SOFT for the Leaf`s of The Family Tree software product(s) identified above whichmay include associated media, printed materials, and "online" or electronic documentation ("SOFTWARE PRODUCT"). By installing, copying, or otherwise using the SOFTWARE PRODUCT, you agree to be bound by the terms of this EULA. If you do not agree to the terms of this EULA, do not install or use the SOFTWARE PRODUCT. If the SOFTWARE PRODUCT was purchased by you as part of a LSOFT packaged product, you may return it to your place of purchase for a full refund.
The SOFTWARE PRODUCT is protected by copyright laws and international copyright treaties, as well as other intellectual property laws and treaties. The SOFTWARE PRODUCT is licensed, not sold.
1. GRANT OF LICENSE. The SOFTWARE PRODUCT is licensed as follows:
* Use and Copy: Grants you the right to install and use copies of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT on any computers located at your premises running validly licensed copies of the operating system for which the SOFTWARE PRODUCT was designed [e.g., Windows(r) 95/98/2000/ME; Windows NT(r),
* Backup Copies: You may also make copies of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT as may be necessary for backup and archival purposes.
2. DESCRIPTION OF OTHER RIGHTS AND LIMITATIONS
--Prerelease Software. If any component of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT or any of its components is marked "Prerelease" or "Beta", the component of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT constitutes pre-release code and may be changed substantially before commercial release. You may not use such component in a live operating environment where it may be relied upon to perform in the same manner as a commercially released product or with data that has not been sufficiently backed up.
--Maintenance of Copyright Notices. You must not remove or alter any copyright notices on all copies of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT.
--Distribution. You may not distribute copies of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT to third parties, except as expressly provided in Section 1.
--Prohibition on Reverse Engineering, Decompilation, and Disassembly. You may not reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble the SOFTWARE PRODUCT, except and only to the extent that such activity is expressly permitted by applicable law notwithstanding this limitation.
--Rental. You may not rent, lease, or lend the SOFTWARE PRODUCT.
--Transfer. You may permanently transfer all of your rights under this EULA, provided the recipient agrees to the terms of this EULA.
--Support Services. L`SOFT may provide you with support services related to the SOFTWARE PRODUCT ("Support Services"). Use of Support Services is governed by the polices and programs described in the user help manual, in "on line" documentation and/or other provided materials. Any supplemental software code provided to you as part of the Support Services shall be considered part of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT and subject to the terms and conditions of this EULA. With respect to technical information you provide as part of the Support Services, L`SOFT may use such information for its business purposes, including for product support and development. technical information in a form that personally identifies you will not be used.
--Compliance with Applicable Laws. You must comply with all applicable laws regarding use of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT.
3. TERMINATION. Without prejudice to any other rights, L`SPFT may terminate this EULA if you fail to comply with the terms and conditions of this EULA. In such event, you must destroy all copies of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT.
4. OWNERSHIP. All title, including but not limited to copyrights, in and to the SOFTWARE PRODUCT and any copies thereof are owned by L`SOFT or its suppliers. All title and intellectual property rights in and to the content which may be accessed through use of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT is the property of the respective content owner and may be protected by applicable copyright or other intellectual property laws and treaties. This EULA grants you no rights to use such content. All rights not expressly granted are reserved by L`SOFT.
5. EXPORT RESTRICTIONS. You agree that you will not export or re-export the SOFTWARE PRODUCT to any country, person, entity or end user subject to U.S.A. export restrictions. Restricted countries currently include, but are not necessarily limited to Cuba, Iran, Iraq, Libya, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria. You warrant and represent that neither the U.S.A. Bureau of Export Administration nor any other federal agency has suspended, revoked or denied your export privileges.
6. NOTE ON JAVA SUPPORT. The SOFTWARE PRODUCT may contain support for programs written in Java. Java technology is not fault tolerant and is not designed, manufactured, or intended for use or resale as on-line control equipment in hazardous environments requiring fail-safe performance, such as in the operation of nuclear facilities, aircraft navigation or communication systems, air traffic control, direct life support machines, or weapons systems, in which the failure of Java technology could lead directly to death, personal injury, or severe physical or environmental damage.
7. NO WARRANTIES. L`SOFT expressly disclaims any warranty for the SOFTWARE PRODUCT. The SOFTWARE PRODUCT and any related documentation is provided "as is" without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including, without limitation, the implied warranties or merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or noninfringement. The entire risk arising out of use or performance of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT remains with you.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, in no event shall L`SOFT or its suppliers be liable for any special, incidental, indirect, or consequential damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of business profits, business interruption, loss of business information, or any other pecuniary loss) arising out of the use of or inability to use the SOFTWARE PRODUCT or the provision of or failure to provide Support Services, even if L`SOFT has been advised of the possibility of such damages. In any case, L`SOFT entire liability under any provision of this EULA shall be limited to the greater of the amount actually paid by you for the SOFTWARE PRODUCT or US$5.00; Because some states and jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of liability, the above limitation may not apply to you.
This EULA is governed by the laws of the State of Illinois, U.S.A.
Should you have any questions concerning this EULA, or if you desire to contact L`SOFT for any reason, please contact Carse@winloft.com or your
The Spectre software is a download from the origin site at www.winloft.com. any other duplications, copying, or distribution from any other source requires express written permisson from the author.
You can download one copy for personal use only from authorized download sites or authorized distributors.
Any other uses require express written permission.