Star Defender distribution permissions and end-user license agreement
User License Agreement for AWEM STUDIO
This user license agreement (the AGREEMENT) is an agreement between you (individual or single entity) and AWEM studio software development company (AWEM STUDIO), for the Star Defender game software (the SOFTWARE) that is accompanying this AGREEMENT.
The SOFTWARE is the property of AWEM STUDIO and is protected by copyright laws and international copyright treaties. The SOFTWARE is not sold, it is licensed.
The LICENSED VERSION means an original fully working version of the SOFTWARE or a Registered Shareware Version (using your personal registration number). If you accept the terms and conditions of this AGREEMENT, you have certain rights and obligations as follow:
1. Install and use one copy of the SOFTWARE on a single computer.
2. Install a second copy of the SOFTWARE on a second computer only if you are the main user of this computer (home computer or laptop for example).
3. Install the SOFTWARE on another computer only if you change main workstation. In such a case you must uninstall the software from the old computer.
4. Make a copy of the SOFTWARE for archival purposes only.
YOU MAY NOT:
1. Copy and distribute the SOFTWARE or any portion of it.
2. Sublicense, rent, lease or transfer your personal registering number.
3. Sublicense, rent or lease the SOFTWARE or any portion of it.
4. Decompile, disassemble, reverse engineer or modify the SOFTWARE or any portion of it.
5. Copy the documentation accompanying the SOFTWARE.
UNREGISTERED SHAREWARE VERSION
The UNREGISTERED SHAREWARE VERSION means an Original Shareware Version of the SOFTWARE that has not been registered with personal registration number. If you accept the terms and conditions of this AGREEMENT, you have certain rights and obligations as follow:
1. Install and use an unlimited number of copies the UNREGISTERED SHAREWARE VERSION for a trial period of 30 days.
2. Make a copy of the UNREGISTERED SHAREWARE VERSION for archival or distributional purposes.
YOU MAY NOT:
1. Sublicense, rent or lease the UNREGISTERED SHAREWARE VERSION or any portion of it.
2. Decompile, disassemble, reverse engineer or modify the UNREGISTERED SHAREWARE VERSION or any portion of it.
3. Copy the documentation accompanying the UNREGISTERED SHAREWARE VERSION.
4. Use the UNREGISTERED SHAREWARE VERSION after your trial period of 30 days.
You are hereby licensed to make as many copies of the DEMO VERSION or UNREGISTERED SHAREWARE VERSION as you wish and distribute it to anyone provided that all files are intact. You must distribute the install form of the DEMO VERSION or UNREGISTERED SHAREWARE VERSION (you must distribute the setup file, not the files resulting of an installation). You are not allowed to sell the DEMO VERSION or the UNREGISTERED SHAREWARE VERSION (except payments for shipment and handling charges). Computer magazines are authorized to distribute it on any cover disk or CD-ROM without preliminary permission. Please inform us by email email@example.com each time you distribute the DEMO VERSION or UNREGISTERED SHAREWARE VERSION.
The SOFTWARE is supplied "AS IS". AWEM STUDIO disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, including, without limitation, the warranties of merchantability and of fitness for any purpose. The user must assume the entire risk on using the SOFTWARE.
DISCLAIMER OF DAMAGES
AWEM STUDIO assumes no liability for damages, direct or consequential, which may result from the use of the SOFTWARE, even if AWEM STUDIO has been advised of the possibility of such damages. Any liability of the seller will be limited to refunding of the purchase price.
Star Defender 1.1
Copyright (c) 2002 AWEM studio. All rights reserved.
You are a test pilot flying the Tornado.
Your ship is controlled by your mouse. The ship is limited
to movement in the lower line of the play area.
Tornado can have up to 5 levels of power-ups. Each level
gives you both more life and a more powerful weapon. Every
time you are hit, you will lose 1 power level. When all power
levels are depleted, your game is over.
To fire, press the left mouse button. If you have rockets -
press the right mouse button.
- Pentium II 300 (400 - better)
- DirectX compatable video card.
- 32 mb ram or better.
- 5 megs free hard drive space.
- DirectX 7.0 or higher (win98 comes with 5.0 installed)
- Sound card (optionally)
Installing the game
Installation process is simple. Just run the "Stardef.exe"
file you received and point the folder on the disk you wish
the game to be installed to, and the program group name
in Start menu. After copying of required files the program
is ready to be launched.
Uninstalling the game
The program could be removed in a usual manner. To uninstall
the game you should choose "Star Defender Uninstall" item in
start menu group. You can also choose the "Add/remove
programs" item in a Windows Control Panel, highlight
Star Defender in installed programs list and then press
In a dialog box appeared you need to confirm or cancel the
Star Defender uninstallation
Awem studio allow and encourag all web sites, on-line services,
shareware disk vendors, CD-ROM vendors, bulletin board
systems, and end-users to freely distribute the shareware version of this
Software. If you wish to distribute the Software, you may obtain the most
recent version from http://www.awem.com.
It is generally not necessary to contact Awem studio
for authorization, and you may begin offering the shareware version immediately.
For detailed vendor information, including direct download links, screen shots,
product descriptions, and more, visit BattleMan home page:
Copyright and license
See "license.txt" file.
On any questions concerning the use of BattleMan, feel free to
contact us firstname.lastname@example.org