Style Workshop distribution permissions and end-user license agreement
SOFTWARE LICENSE AGREEMENT AND WARRANTY STATEMENT
INDIGO ROSE SOFTWARE DESIGN CORPORATION IS WILLING TO LICENSE THE SOFTWARE ONLY UPON THE CONDITION THAT YOU ACCEPT ALL OF THE TERMS CONTAINED IN THIS LICENSE AGREEMENT. PLEASE READ THE TERMS CAREFULLY BEFORE OPENING THE PRODUCT PACKAGE AND INSTALLING THE SOFTWARE, AS OPENING THE PRODUCT PACKAGE AND INSTALLING THE SOFTWARE WILL INDICATE YOUR AGREEMENT WITH THEM. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THESE TERMS, THEN INDIGO ROSE IS UNWILLING TO LICENSE THE SOFTWARE TO YOU, IN WHICH EVENT YOU SHOULD RETURN THE SOFTWARE TO THE PLACE OF PURCHASE FOR REFUND.
1. The Software. The Software licensed under this Agreement consists of images, computer programs, data compilation(s), and documentation referred to as Style Workshop (the "Software").
2. Perpetual Term. The term of the license granted herein shall be perpetual unless terminated by written notice by You for convenience or terminated by either party for material breach. Immediately upon termination of this license for any reason, You shall return to Indigo Rose all copies of the Software and documentation.
3. License Grant (Single, Standalone CPU). You are granted non-exclusive rights to install and use the Software on a single computer only; however, if the software is permanently installed on the hard disk or other storage device of a computer (other than a network server), and one person uses that computer more than 80% of the time, then that person may also use the Software on a portable or home computer. You may not install the Software on a network or transmit the Software electronically from one computer to another or over a network. You may copy the Software for archival purposes, provided that any copy must contain the original Software`s proprietary notices in unaltered form.
4. Restrictions. You may not: (i) permit others to use the Software, except as expressly provided above for authorized network use; (ii) modify or translate the Software; (iii) reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble the Software, except to the extent this restriction is expressly prohibited by applicable law; (iv) create derivative works based on the Software; (v) merge the Software with another product; (vi) copy the Software, except as expressly provided above; or (vii) remove or obscure any proprietary rights notices or labels on the Software.
5. Usage License. If You are a registered user of the Software, You are granted a non-exclusive, royalty-free right to include, alter, combine and reproduce the Software in Your visual presentations, multimedia products or other works created by You, provided that: such manner is not defamatory, scandalous, misleading or otherwise unlawful, and is not associated with pornography; the use of any logo or trademark appearing in the Images is used in a manner permitted by the logo or trademark owner (this license does not grant any rights to use logos or trademarks); the Work is not an image or artwork library, or a part of an image or artwork library; and that you indemnify Indigo Rose and its officers and agents ("Those Indemnified") for any and all losses, damages, liabilities, claims, costs or expenses incurred directly or indirectly by Those Indemnified in connection with the use of the Images for any unlawful, unauthorized or prohibited purpose.
You are not required to credit our copyright notice provided that YOU add significant and primary modifications to the images and incorporate them into your product, presentation, advertising and promotional materials that you design for yourself or your clients. For example, simply adding a soundtrack to the visual graphics is not a significant and primary modification.
6. Transfers. You may not transfer the Software or any rights under this Agreement without the prior written consent of Indigo Rose, which consent shall not be unreasonably withheld. A condition to any transfer or assignment shall be that the recipient agrees to the terms of this Agreement. Any attempted transfer or assignment in violation of this provision shall be null and void.
7. Ownership. Indigo Rose and its suppliers own the Software and all intellectual property rights embodied therein, including copyrights and valuable trade secrets embodied in the Software`s design and coding methodology. The Software is protected by United States copyright laws and international treaty provisions. This Agreement provides You only a limited use license, and no ownership of any intellectual property.
WARRANTY DISCLAIMER; LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. INDIGO ROSE PROVIDES THE SOFTWARE "AS-IS." NEITHER INDIGO ROSE NOR ANY OF ITS SUPPLIERS OR RESELLERS MAKES ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. INDIGO ROSE AND ITS SUPPLIERS SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIM THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, SYSTEM INTEGRATION, AND DATA ACCURACY. THERE IS NO WARRANTY OR GUARANTEE THAT THE OPERATION OF THE SOFTWARE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, ERROR-FREE, OR VIRUS-FREE, OR THAT THE SOFTWARE WILL MEET ANY PARTICULAR CRITERIA OF PERFORMANCE, QUALITY, ACCURACY, PURPOSE, OR NEED. YOU ASSUME THE ENTIRE RISK OF SELECTION, INSTALLATION, AND USE OF THE SOFTWARE. THIS DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY CONSTITUTES AN ESSENTIAL PART OF THIS AGREEMENT. NO USE OF THE SOFTWARE IS AUTHORIZED HEREUNDER EXCEPT UNDER THIS DISCLAIMER. To the extent that this Warranty Statement is inconsistent with the jurisdiction where You use the Software, the Warranty Statement shall be deemed to be modified consistent with such local law. Under such local law, certain limitations may not apply, and you may have additional rights which vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. For example, some states in the United States and some jurisdictions outside the United States may: (i) preclude the disclaimers and limitations of this Warranty Statement from limiting the rights of a consumer; (ii) otherwise restrict the ability of a manufacturer to make such disclaimers or to impose such limitations; or (iii) grant the consumer additional legal rights, specify the duration of implied warranties which the manufacturer cannot disclaim, or prohibit limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts.
INDEPENDENT OF THE FORGOING PROVISIONS, IN NO EVENT AND UNDER NO LEGAL THEORY, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, TORT, CONTRACT, OR STRICT PRODUCTS LIABILITY, SHALL INDIGO ROSE OR ANY OF ITS SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF GOODWILL, WORK STOPPAGE, COMPUTER MALFUNCTION, OR ANY OTHER KIND OF COMMERCIAL DAMAGE, EVEN IF INDIGO ROSE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THIS LIMITATION SHALL NOT APPLY TO LIABILITY FOR DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY TO THE EXTENT PROHIBITED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
IN NO EVENT SHALL INDIGO ROSE`S LIABILITY FOR ACTUAL DAMAGES FOR ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER, AND REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION, EXCEED THE AMOUNT OF THE PURCHASE PRICE PAID FOR THE SOFTWARE LICENSE.
EXPORT CONTROLS. You agree to comply with all export laws and restrictions and regulations of the United States or foreign agencies or authorities, and not to export or re-export the Software or any direct product thereof in violation of any such restrictions, laws or regulations, or without all necessary approvals. As applicable, each party shall obtain and bear all expenses relating to any necessary licenses and/or exemptions with respect to its own export of the Software from the U.S. Neither the Software nor the underlying information or technology may be electronically transmitted or otherwise exported or re-exported (i) into Cuba, Iran, Iraq, Libya, North Korea, Sudan, Syria or any other country subject to U.S. trade sanctions covering the Software, to individuals or entities controlled by such countries, or to nationals or residents of such countries other than nationals who are lawfully admitted permanent residents of countries not subject to such sanctions; or (ii) to anyone on the U.S. Treasury Department`s list of Specially Designated Nationals and Blocked Persons or the U.S. Commerce Department`s Table of Denial Orders. By downloading or using the Software, Licensee agrees to the foregoing and represents and warrants that it complies with these conditions.
LICENSEE OUTSIDE THE U.S. If You are located outside the U.S., then the following provisions shall apply: (i) Les parties aux presentes confirment leur volonte que cette convention de meme que tous les documents y compris tout avis qui siy rattache, soient rediges en langue anglaise (translation: "The parties confirm that this Agreement and all related documentation is and will be in the English language."); and (ii) You are responsible for complying with any local laws in your jurisdiction which might impact your right to import, export or use the Software, and You represent that You have complied with any regulations or registration procedures required by applicable law to make this license enforceable.
MISCELLANEOUS. This Agreement constitutes the entire understanding of the parties with respect to the subject matter of this Agreement and merges all prior communications, representations, and agreements. This Agreement may be modified only by a written agreement signed by the parties. If any provision of this Agreement is held to be unenforceable for any reason, such provision shall be reformed only to the extent necessary to make it enforceable. This Agreement shall be construed under the laws of the Province of Manitoba, Canada, excluding rules regarding conflicts of law. The application the United Nations Convention of Contracts for the International Sale of Goods is expressly excluded. This license is written in English and English is its controlling language.
U.S. GOVERNMENT END USERS. The Software and documentation are provided with RESTRICTED RIGHTS. Use, duplication, or disclosure by the United States Government is subject to restrictions as set forth in subparagraph (c)(1) and (2) of the Commercial Computer Software-Restricted Rights at 48 CFR 52.227-19, as applicable. Manufacturer is Indigo Rose Software Design Corporation, 123 Bannatyne Ave, Suite 410, Winnipeg, MB, Canada R3B 0R3.