Sudoku Puzzle Game and Solver distribution permissions and end-user license agreement
END-USER LICENSE AGREEMENT Sudoku Puzzle Solver
Product name: Sudoku Puzzle Solver.
IMPORTANT-READ CAREFULLY: This End-User Licence Agreement ("EULA") is a
legal agreement between you (either an individual or a single entity) and
Company X Ltd ("AUTHOR") for the software product identified above which
may include associated software components, media, printed materials, and
"online" or electronic documentation ("SOFTWARE PRODUCT"). By installing,
copying, or otherwise using the SOFTWARE PRODUCT, you agree to be bound by
the terms of this EULA. If you do not agree to the terms of this EULA, do
not install or use the SOFTWARE PRODUCT.
This is a legal agreement between you and Company X Ltd.
The SOFTWARE PRODUCT is protected by copyright laws and international
copyright treaties, as well as other intellectual property laws and
treaties. The SOFTWARE PRODUCT is licensed, not sold.
1. GRANT OF LICENCE. The SOFTWARE PRODUCT is licensed as follows:
* The licence is granted only upon payment of the list value of the
licence to THE AUTHOR, either directly, or via an AUTHOR approved
* Installation and Use. THE AUTHOR grants you the right to install and use
copies of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT on your computers running validly licensed
copies of the operating system for which the SOFTWARE PRODUCT was designed
[e.g., Windows 2000(r), Windows XP, etc.].
* There are several types of licence listed below, selected at the time of
purchase. Unless otherwise stated, the STANDARD LICENSE terms apply.
* The STANDARD LICENSE allows personal non-commercial use on a single machine
* The BUSINESS LICENSE permits you to use the SOFTWARE PRODUCT within a
commercial organisation, where profit is not made from the use of the
* If you purchased a SINGLE LICENSE then you may install and use the SOFTWARE
PRODUCT on one machine only. If you purchased a MULTI-USER, or SITE LICENSE, then you are restricted to the installation and use of the agreed number of
copies on machines within your organisation; this includes laptop computers
taken off-site that are provided for the purposes of business in your organisation,
but excludes machines privately owned by your employees.
* The UNLICENSED EVALUATION EDITION may be freely distributed in its
original form, and may be used for a period of 30 days. After this period, you must either remove the SOFTWARE PRODUCT from your system, or purchase a LICENSE.
* License files, full versions and license keys must not be made public
or otherwise distributed. Keys or full versions which become public may
be immobilised. The use of such files without having purchased a license is
* Backup Copies. You may also make copies of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT as may be necessary for backup and archival purposes.
2. DESCRIPTION OF OTHER RIGHTS AND LIMITATIONS.
* Maintenance of Copyright Notices. You must not remove or alter any copyright notices on all copies of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT.
* Distribution. Please feel free to distribute the Unregistered version of this software.
However, we ask that you distribute the entire Unregistered version with no modification, and without any charge or fee. The Unregistered version can clearly be identified by the startup License Notification screen. The License screen is permanently removed only when the product is Registered.
* Prohibition on Reverse Engineering, Decompilation, and Disassembly.
You may not reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble the SOFTWARE
PRODUCT, except and only to the extent that such activity is expressly
permitted by applicable law notwithstanding this limitation. Modification
of distributed files is also expressly forbidden.
* Rental and transfer. You may not rent, lease, grant a security interest in, or otherwise transfer rights to the SOFTWARE PRODUCT.
* Support Services. THE AUTHOR may at his discretion provide you with support services related to the SOFTWARE PRODUCT ("Support Services"). Use of Support Services is governed by the AUTHOR`s polices and programs described in the user manual, in "on line" documentation and/or other AUTHOR-provided materials. Any supplemental software code provided to you as part of the Support Services shall be considered part of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT and subject to the terms and conditions of this EULA. With respect to technical information you provide to THE AUTHOR as part of the Support Services, THE AUTHOR may use such information for his business purposes, including for product support and development. THE AUTHOR will not utilize such technical information in a form that personally identifies you.
* Compliance with Applicable Laws. You must comply with all applicable laws
regarding use of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT.
Without prejudice to any other rights, THE AUTHOR may terminate this EULA if you fail to comply with the terms and conditions of this EULA. In such event, you must destroy all copies of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT.
All title, including but not limited to copyrights, in and to the SOFTWARE PRODUCT and any copies thereof are owned by THE AUTHOR or its suppliers. All title and intellectual property rights in and to the content which may be accessed through use of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT is the property of the respective content owner and may be protected by applicable copyright or other intellectual property laws and treaties. This EULA grants you no rights to use such content. All rights not expressly granted are reserved by THE AUTHOR.
5. U.S. GOVERNMENT RESTRICTED RIGHTS.
The SOFTWARE PRODUCT is provided with RESTRICTED RIGHTS. Use, duplication, or disclosure by the Government is subject to restrictions as set forth in subparagraph (c)(1)(ii) of the Rights in Technical Data and Computer Software clause at DFARS 252.227-7013 or subparagraphs (c)(1) and (2) of the Commercial Computer Software Restricted Rights at 48 CFR 52.227-19, as applicable.
37 Hebron Rd
6. NO WARRANTIES.
THE AUTHOR expressly disclaims any warranty for the SOFTWARE PRODUCT. THE SOFTWARE PRODUCT AND ANY RELATED DOCUMENTATION IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NONINFRINGEMENT. THE ENTIRE RISK ARISING OUT OF USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THE SOFTWARE PRODUCT REMAINS WITH YOU.
7. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, in no event shall THE AUTHOR or his suppliers be liable for any special, incidental, indirect, or consequential damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of business profits, business interruption, loss of business information, or any other pecuniary loss) arising out of the use of or inability to use the SOFTWARE PRODUCT or the provision of or failure to provide Support Services, even if THE AUTHOR has been advised of the possibility of such damages. In any case, THE AUTHOR`s entire liability under any provision of this EULA shall be limited to the greater of the amount actually paid by you for the SOFTWARE PRODUCT or GB£5.00. Furthermore, some countries do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so this limitation and exclusion may not apply to you.
This EULA is governed by the laws of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.
If this product was acquired outside the United Kingdom, then local law may apply.
Should you have any questions concerning this EULA, or if you desire to contact
THE AUTHOR for any reason, please write to:
37 Hebron Rd
This Agreement is governed by the laws of the United Kingdom. The local language version of this agreement shall apply to Software acquired in the EU. This Agreement is the entire agreement between us and you agree that Company X Ltd. will not have any liability for any untrue statement or representation made by it, its agents or anyone else (whether innocently or negligently) upon which you relied upon entering this Agreement, unless such untrue statement or representation was made fraudulently.
You may include SUDOKU PUZZLE GAME AND SOLVER on any CD compilation.
You may not sell the evalution copy.
You must disclose that SUDOKU PUZZLE GAME AND SOLVER is SHAREWARE and the product is not free.