The Lottery Picker 2016 distribution permissions and end-user license agreement
Mark McCracken / McCracken Software
End-User License Agreement
Mark McCracken / McCracken Software (hereinafter referred to as the "AUTHOR")
This License Agreement (this "Agreement") is a legal agreement between you and The AUTHOR, for the accompanying software entitled The Lottery Picker, associated media, printed materials, audiovisual content, and "online" or electronic documentation (collectively, the "Product"). By installing or using the Product, you agree to be bound by the terms of this Agreement. If you do not agree to all of the terms of this agreement, do not install (or) de-install all copies of the Product from your computer. Please do NOT order a registration key, if you do not agree to this license agreement.
THE SOFTWARE YOU ARE RECEIVING MAY CONTAIN MORE OR LESS FEATURES THAN THE COMMERCIAL RELEASE OF THE PRODUCT THAT THE AUTHOR INTENDS TO DISTRIBUTE. WHILE THE AUTHOR INTENDS TO DISTRIBUTE A COMMERCIAL RELEASE OF THE SOFTWARE, THE AUTHOR RESERVES THE RIGHT AT ANY TIME NOT TO RELEASE A COMMERCIAL RELEASE OF THE SOFTWARE OR, IF RELEASED, TO ALTER FEATURES, SPECIFICATIONS, CAPABILITIES, FUNCTIONS, LICENSING TERMS, RELEASE DATES, GENERAL AVAILABILITY OR OTHER CHARACTERISTICS OF THE COMMERCIAL RELEASE.
The use of the software is done at your own risk. The manufacturer and developer accepts no liability for any damages, either as direct or indirect consequence of the use of this product or software. THIS PRODUCT IS INTENDED FOR AMUSEMENT PURPOSES ONLY.
1. The Product is licensed, not sold. This also applies to demo/shareware versions. The Product is protected by copyright law and international copyright treaty provisions, as well as other intellectual property laws and treaties. You must not allow copies of the Product or any part of it to be made or distributed to anyone else. You may make backup copies of the software for archival purposes only.
2. Demo Version.
Even if the SOFTWARE PRODUCT is a demonstration version, it is protected by copyright laws and international copyright treaties, as well as other intellectual property laws and treaties. Users and distributors of any shareware version of the Product are bound by the SOFTWARE DISTRIBUTION AGREEMENT for the Product.
3. The AUTHOR grants to you a non-exclusive, non-sublicensable license to use the Product for your own use only.
4. The Product is licensed for use on a single session of a single computer. If your computer is capable of running more than one simultaneous session, you may not use the Product on more than one session at a time. You may delete the Product from one computer and reinstall it on another, but you may not install the Product on more than one computer at any given time. If you wish to install the Product on more than one computer or use the Product for more than one session on a particular computer, you must purchase separate copies of the Product for each such computer or session. Licenses of additional copies may be purchased.
5. This product is for private use only and may not be used commercially without Prior written permission from McCracken Software or the Author. The Product may not be rented, leased, or in any other manner commercially exploited without prior written permission of The AUTHOR. However, you may transfer this license to use the Product to another party (the "Transferee") on a permanent basis by transferring all parts of the Product to the Transferee. Such transfer of possession terminates your license from The AUTHOR. The Transferee will be licensed under the terms of this Agreement upon the Transferee's acceptance of this Agreement by its initial use of the Product. Upon notification to The AUTHOR of the transfer, the Transferee will receive customer support on the same terms you did at the time of the transfer, and the Transferee will receive no support if for any reason you were ineligible for support. If you transfer the Product, you must remove all parts of it, along with any installation devices, from your computer, and you may not retain any parts or copies for your own use.
6. The Product in source code form is confidential and The AUTHOR's protected trade secret, and you may not attempt to reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble or otherwise decipher any portion of the Product. Reproduction and/or redistribution of any portion of the Product is specifically prohibited in the absence of a separate written agreement with The AUTHOR.
7. The AUTHOR retains all ownership and intellectual property rights in and to the Product. You agree to abide by the copyright law and all other applicable laws of the United States, including those relating to United States export controls. You agree not to ship or re-export any portion of the Product to any destination to which it could not lawfully have been exported originally under those export controls.
8. The AUTHOR may terminate this Agreement at any time by delivering notice to you, and you may terminate this Agreement at any time by removing all copies of the Product from your computer and destroying all Product materials. However, Sections 1 through 10 of this Agreement shall indefinitely survive its termination. This Agreement is personal to you and you agree not to assign your rights under it. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of The United States relating to intellectual property in general, and to copyrights, patents, and trademarks in particular. You agree to submit all disputes to the exclusive jurisdiction of courts or tribunals located within the territorial boundaries of The United States.
9.THE PRODUCT IS PROVIDED WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THIS PRODUCT IS INTENDED FOR AMUSEMENT PURPOSES ONLY.
10. THE AUTHOR SHALL NOT BE LIABLE: (A) FOR INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, OR INDIRECT DAMAGES OF ANY SORT WHATSOEVER, WHETHER ARISING IN TORT, CONTRACT, OR OTHERWISE (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF BUSINESS PROFITS, REVENUES, OR INFORMATION, OR FOR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) RESULTING FROM YOUR USE OF THE PRODUCT OR YOUR INABILITY TO USE THE PRODUCT, EVEN THE AUTHOR HAS BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES; OR (B) FOR ANY CLAIM BY ANY PARTY OTHER THAN YOU. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHOR LIABILITY TO YOU EXCEED THE AMOUNT YOU ORIGINALLY PAID FOR THE PRODUCT. THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL NOT APPLY TO LIABILITY FOR DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY TO THE EXTENT APPLICABLE LAW PROHIBITS SUCH LIMITATION. SOME STATES AND JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION AND EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
Other product and company names appearing in The AUTHOR’s products and materials are used for identification purposes only and may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies. Registered and unregistered trademarks used in any of The AUTHOR’s products and materials are the exclusive property of their respective owners.
Copyright (c) 2003-2015 McCracken Software. All rights reserved.
Mark McCracken / McCracken Software (hereinafter referred to as The "AUTHOR")
This computer software program entitled THE LOTTERY PICKER (Lottery Software) Shareware Version (hereinafter referred to as "SOFTWARE").
The AUTHOR hereby grants you a non-exclusive license to test this SOFTWARE. You MAY: install and use the SOFTWARE for evaluation purpose only during 14 days after the installation; make as many copies of the SOFTWARE as you wish and distribute it to anyone provided that all files are intact. You must distribute the install form of the SOFTWARE, not the files resulting of an installation); Redistribute the SOFTWARE by any means as long as you do not change the original package and distribute only the original install package. Press is authorized to distribute it on any Cover Disk, CD-ROM without permission from The AUTHOR. Shareware Catalog Web sites are authorized to distribute it as a download file (hosted or linked to The AUTHOR’s site) without permission from The AUTHOR.
You MAY NOT; sell this SOFTWARE; cause or permit reverse engineering, disassembly, decompilation or alteration of this SOFTWARE; remove any product identification, copyright notices, or other notices or proprietary restrictions from this SOFTWARE.
This License is effective until terminated. You may terminate it at any time by destroying the SOFTWARE, together with all copies thereof. This License will also terminate if you fail to comply with any term or condition of this Agreement. Upon such termination, you agree to destroy the SOFTWARE, together with all copies thereof.
This SOFTWARE and its source code are proprietary products of The AUTHOR and are protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws.
The SOFTWARE is supplied "AS IS". The AUTHOR disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied. The user must assume the entire risk of using the Shareware.
The AUTHOR assumes no liability for damages, direct or consequential, which may result from the use of the SOFTWARE.