USPExpress Math Parser distribution permissions and end-user license agreement
UNISOFT PLUS, Ltd.
SOFTWARE LICENSE AGREEMENT
This is a legal agreement between you, the end user, and Unisoft Plus, Ltd. By installing this software, you are agreeing to be bound by the terms of this agreement.
1. GRANT OF LICENSE. Unisoft Plus grants you the right to use one copy of the USPExpress Math Parser program, which includes computer software and may include associated media, printed materials, and "online" or electronic documentation (all of which comprises the "Software") on a single terminal connected to a single computer (that is, with a single CPU). You may not network the Software or otherwise use it on more than one computer terminal at the same time unless you have an appropriate server license.
2. COPYRIGHT. The Software is owned by USPExpress Parser and is protected by copyright laws and international treaty provisions. You must therefore treat the Software like any other copyrighted material (for example, a book or musical recording) except that you may either (a) make one copy of the Software solely for backup or archival purposes, or (b) transfer the Software to a single hard disk provided you keep the original solely for backup or archival purposes. You may not copy the written materials accompanying the Software.
3. TERM OF LICENSE. The license will continue until you physically destroy all copies of the Software and merged portions thereof.
4. OTHER RESTRICTIONS. You may not rent or lease the Software, but you may transfer the Software and accompanying written materials on a permanent basis provided you retain no copies and the recipient agrees to the terms of this Agreement. You may not reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble the Software. If the Software is an update, any transfer must include the update and all prior versions.
5. ENHANCEMENTS AND UPDATES. From time to time, at its sole discretion, Unisoft Plus may provide enhancements, updates, or new versions of the Software on its then standard terms and conditions thereof. This Agreement shall apply to such enhancements.
6. SOFTWARE MEDIA. If the Software package contains a CD and is downloaded electronically, then you may use only the media appropriate for your single-user computer. You may not use the other media on another computer or loan, rent, lease, or transfer them to another user except as part of the permanent transfer (as provided above) of all Software and written materials.
7. DISTRIBUTION. If you are using the trial version of this product, then you may not distribute any of the files provided with the trial or evaluation version. The control DLL`s distributed with the retail product may be distributed by the user royalty free. You shall not develop applications that provide an application programmable interface to the Software or the Software as modified nor may you create Web Services with the Software without the appropriate license from Unisoft Plus Ltd.. Redistribution by your users of Unisoft PLus` DLL`s or your modified or wrapped version of our DLL`s without the appropriate redistribution license from Unisoft Plus is prohibited.
8. TRIAL COPY. If you are using a "trial copy" or similar version, specifically designated as such by Unisoft Plus on its website or otherwise, then the Licenses are limited as follows:
a) any Developed Software may not be distributed or used for any commercial purpose.
LIMITED WARRANTY. You assume all responsibility for the selection of the Software as appropriate to achieve the results you intend. Unisoft Plus warrants that the Software shall perform substantially as described in its documentation for a period of ninety (90) days from purchase. EXCEPT FOR THE FOREGOING LIMITED WARRANTY, THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
CUSTOMER REMEDIES. Unisoft Plus` entire liability and your exclusive remedy shall be, at Unisoft Plus` option, either (a) return of the price paid or (b) repair or replacement of the Software that does not meet Unisoft Plus` Limited Warranty and which is returned to Unisoft Plus with a copy of your receipt. This Limited Warranty is void if failure of the Software has resulted from accident, abuse, or misapplication. Any replacement Software will be warranted for the remainder of the original warranty period or thirty (30) days, whichever is longer.
NO LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. In no event shall Unisoft Plus or its suppliers be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of business profits, business interruption, loss of business information, or other pecuniary loss) arising out of use of or inability to use this Unisoft Plus product.
GENERAL PROVISION. You shall have no right to sub-license any of the rights of this agreement, for any reason. In the event of the breach by you of this Agreement, you shall be liable for all damages to Unisoft Plus, and this Agreement shall be terminated. If any provision of this Agreement shall be deemed to be invalid, illegal, or unenforceable, the validity, legality, and enforceability of the remaining portions of this Agreement shall not be affected or impaired thereby.
This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties for the supply of the Software and its associated documentation and supersedes all prior arrangements, agreements, representations, and undertakings. This Agreement may not be changed or modified except by a written instrument duly executed by each of the parties hereto.
You shall be responsible for the payment of all taxes, duties, or levies that may now or hereafter be imposed by any authority upon this Agreement for the supply, use, or maintenance of the Software, and if any of the foregoing taxes, duties, or levies are paid at any time by Unisoft Plus, you shall reimburse Unisoft Plus in full upon demand.
ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS. You acknowledge that you have read this Agreement, understand it, and agree to be bound by its terms and conditions.