ZipSnap 2.1 Simple Command-line Incremental Backup To...
ZipSnap 2.1 creates archive that are collections of point-in-time snapshots. An archive is just a directory of catalogs (plain text files compressed as ZIP files) and compressed volumes (ZIP files). When a snapshot is added to an archive, a new compressed volume is created, containing only new or modified files and directories. A catalog is used to store information on the snapshots and contents of the archive. Files are automatically numbered with a timestamp. Runs on any OS with the Java Runtime Environment (JRE 6+). ZipSnap [zipsnap2.1.exe] is free and open source software written in Java and released under the GNU GPL license (version 3).
* ZipSnap - 0.09MB creates archives that are collections of point-in-time snapshots. An archive is just a directory of catalogs (plain text files compressed as ZIP files) and compressed volumes (ZIP files).
* Catalogs are written cumulatively, i. e. a later catalog contains all the information from previous catalogs. Therefore, only the latest catalog is needed when adding/restoring snapshots.
* Catalogs and compressed volumes are automatically timestamped as ArchiveName. yyyyMMdd-HHmmss. n, with extensions . txt. zip and . zip respectively, where n is the snapshot number.
* Because ZipSnap 2.1 never modifies a catalog or compressed volume after it is created, archives can be stored on write-once-only media.
* ZipSnap supports GLOB and REGEX filters for file/directory names, or their full (relative) pathnames.
See http://zipsnap. sourceforge. net / for the latest version, screenshots, documentation, and other information.
What is new in official ZipSnap 2.1 software version? - compressed catalogs; filter for file/directory names; additional search paths; simulation mode. What is expected in the future? Newly-made ZipSnap 2.2 be downloaded from current page, we also looking forward to unconfirmed 2.3 release build. You may download ZipSnap21.zip directly, estimated download time by Dialup or GPRS [~56 kbit/s] is 0:00:16. Just write the reviews of the ZipSnap. System requirements are Java Runtime Environment (JRE 6+). Program has been scanned and verified by the several antivirus and anti-spyware applications and ZipSnap found to be clean. No guide or ZipSnap tutorial available. The following languages are supported by ZipSnap: English.